Eastern American Energy Corp. vs. Donald Mosteller
PA-J. Hudson Hoosier; J-Hoke
* Complaint concerns access to oil and gas leasehold rights and a "road grant" to access property dating back to November 1975 agreements with Emma Mosteller. Eastern contends that in August 208 Mosteller "blocked plaintiff's entry to property" and, in September, "damaged power lines and poles located on the property." Eastern seeks injunction.
Case number: 08-C-135
Benjamin Toney, Robin Toney, Steve C. Nichols and Victoria A. Nichols vs. Beneficial West Virginia Inc., Diana Critchfield and Tommy J. Dixon
PA-Daniel F. Hedges; J-Hoke
* Plaintiffs seek compensatory damages for predatory lending practices by Beneficial and two named employees. Beneficial seeks arbitration.
Case number: 08-C-136
Kathleen S. Dotson vs. Rite Aid of West Virginia Inc. and John Doe Inc.
PA-Timothy L. Eves; J-Hoke
* Dotson was injured in November 2008 when she slipped and fell "on a greasy spot" in the parking lot of the North Branchland Rite Aid. The company's negligence resulted in "severe injuries and damages, including, but not limited to, a fractured radius of the left arm."
Case number: 08-C-138
Debra Allen, parent and next best friend of her infant child, A.A. vs. Diana Bice and Franklin Dotson
PA-Todd Bailess; J-Hoke
* Plaintiff seeks damages for injuries she and her daughter received in an October 2007 accident on Upper Mud River Road near Spurlockville. Dotson owned the car driven by Bice, who hit the vehicle driven by Allen's daughter. She seeks compensatory damages for medical, therapy and counseling expenses and for the fair market value of a 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier.
Case number: 08-C-143
David Browning Jr. vs. Tashena Adams, Diana Tomblin, Clifford Tomblin
PA-Ronald G. Salmons; J-Hoke
* Browning seeks an injunction for being prevented from "accessing, living in, selling or moving" his modular home. He claims he and his spouse Bess Browning contracted in October 2001 to buy the home that was moved in January 2005 to property in Harts owned by Vickie Adams. Browning and Tashena Adams lived with the girl's mother until she died in February 2007. The next year the respondents or agents placed posts, chains and No Trespassing signs on the property.
Case number: 08-C-144