Workforce West Virginia v. Ronald I. Henderson
PA – Mary Blain McLaughlin: J – Charles King
* The state alleges Ronald I. Henderson was overpaid $8,147 in unemployment benefits because he underreported wages he earned from Bob Evans Farms, where he worked part-time.
Case number: 09-C-377
Marlon Ferguson v. Kevin Hensel, Khristopher S. Moore and Gregory Ray
PA – Stephen P. Hoyer: J – James Stucky
* Ferguson, a former bouncer at a bar owned by the defendants, claims he can't collect the $1.5 million a jury awarded him after being shot while working. Ferguson's lawsuit seeks to hold the defendants individually liable to pay him.
Case number: 09-C-390
Elizabeth Ferrell v. Brian M. Brown and P.A. Jones and West Virginia State Police
PA – Michael T. Clifford: J – Louis Bloom
* Ferrell is suing over an alleged false arrest in 2007 made on her by the defendants, who were State Troopers assigned to the Logan detachment. Ferrell is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 09-C-391
Novel Geo-Environmental v. Cross Lanes Hospitality
PA – John A. Grafton: J – Jennifer Bailey Walker
* The plaintiff claims the defendant still owes $4,000 for an environmental site assessment the plaintiff performed on a piece of land on which the defendant is building a hotel.
Case number: 09-C-392
Charleston Area Medical Center v. Frances Cline
PA – Francis C. Gall Jr.: J – Tod Kaufman
* The hospital claims Cline, of Hanover, W.Va., owes $56,987 for services rendered between April 8 through Feb. 13.
Case number: 09-C-397
Southern West Virginia Paving, Inc. v. Elmo Greer and Sons, Travelers Insurance
PA – Norman T. Daniels Jr.: J – Paul Zakaib
* The plaintiff claims it was a subcontractor for the defendant on a public school project in McDowell County. The plaintiff's lawsuit says the defendant still owes $72,769 for the work.
Case number: 09-C-405
Michael Dunnavant as executor of the estate of Clarence Leroy Dunnavant v. Mountain State Medical Associates, et al, St. Francis Hospital, et al.
PA – Michael J. DelGiudice: J – Paul Zakaib
* The plaintiff blames the defendants for not properly treating Clarence Leroy Dunnavant for a perforated ulcer, resulting in his death. The plaintiff is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number 09-C-406
West Virginia Paving v. Elmo Greer and Sons and Travelers Insurance
PA – Norman T. Daniels Jr.: J – Jennifer Bailey Walker
* The plaintiff claims the defendant still owes $1.5 million for work it performed through a subcontract on U.S. 35 in Putnam County.
Case number: 09-C-407
Hutch's Wrecker Service v. DS Express Carriers
PA – Shawn R. Romano: J – Paul Zakaib
* Hutch's claims the defendants owe $6,709 after the plaintiff repaired, towed and stored a tractor-trailer that had broken down on Interstate 77.
Case number: 09-C-412
Hutch's Wrecker Service v. NTR Trucking
PA – Shawn R. Ramano: J – Paul Zakaib
* The plaintiff claims NTR Trucking still owes $52,913 for work the plaintiff did clearing a tractor-trailer wreck on the West Virginia Turnpike.
Case number: 09-C-413
Richard Parsons v. Michael and Stacy Baria doing business as B&B Auctions
PA – William C. Forbes: J – Paul Zakaib
* The plaintiff claims he rented a number of items to the defendants to run their auction business. But the plaintiff said the defendants have stopped paying the rent on the items and hasn't returned them. He wants the $800 in back rent and either the return of the items of their equivalent value.
Case number: 09-C-425
Pamela M. Hodge and Mary Alexis Hodge v. Rogers USA and Barboursville Little League Baseball Inc.
PA – J. Michael Ranson: J – Charles King
* The plaintiffs are suing for damages after Mary Alexis slid into a defective second base during a softball game and broke her leg.
Case number: 09-C-426
Want to get notified whenever we write about The Travelers Companies ?
Sign-up Next time we write about The Travelers Companies, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.