PVF Ltd. v. Mega Music Mania and John Patrick Naylor
PA – Ryan S. Marsteller: J – Louis Bloom
* The plaintiff company, which sells and distributes music equipment and accessories, says the defendants owe $10,387 pursuant to a Dec. 29, 2004 financing agreement.
Case number: 09-C-1108
Cynthia Gay v. Charleston Area Medical Center, West Virginia University Board of Governors and Dr. Damian Maxwell
PA – Richard D. Lindsay: J – Tod Kaufman
* The plaintiff says the defendants were negligent in administering intravenous fluids to her while she was a patient, causing her to gain 20 pounds.
Case number: 09-C-1130
Jason Eric Thomas v. Magnolia Barnes and St. Francis Hospital
PA – Michael A. Turkaly: J – Charles King
* The plaintiff says Barnes attacked him in his room while he was a patient at the defendant hospital. Barnes was also a patient.
Case number: 09-C-1132
Scott Wyatt v. West Virginia State Bar and Anita Casey
PA – Sherri D. Goodman: J – Irene Berger
* The plaintiff says the State Bar violated his due process rights by ordering him to shutter his business as an illegal law practice without providing specifics on the initial complaint. The plaintiff also complains that he has no appellate recourse to challenge the ruling.
Case number: 09-C-1138
Rebecca Linger Nolte v. Tatyana Markina Linger and Valentina Markina
PA – James T. Cooper: J – Louis Bloom
* The plaintiff claims that the defendants had her falsely charged with trespassing and battery after she tried to visit her niece.
Case number: 09-C-1155
Barbara Sampson, as administratrix of the estate of Linda Kay Lucas v. Roger Edwards, D.O.
PA – Richard Lindsay: J – Tod Kaufman
* The plaintiff says the defendant physician failed to diagnose Lucas with pulmonary emboli which later contributed to her death.
Case number: 09-C-1172
Barbara King v. Darden GC Corp d.b.a. Olive Garden
PA – Travis E. Ellison III: J – Irene Berger
* The plaintiff claims she was injured by slipping on water in the kitchen at the South Charleston Olive Garden where she was working as a server.
Case number: 09-C-1176