HUNTINGTON -- Second Creek Technologies is presenting a follow-up to its successful CLE on eDiscovery.
"eDiscovery From Start to Finish" will take students through the entire electronic discovery process, from before litigation begins through trial.
The course will be offered twice in the coming months. The first is scheduled for Aug. 14 in Bridgeport. The second is Nov. 13 in Huntington.
"Our in-depth, nuts and bolts course will provide you with the critical information you need to successfully meet the challenges of eDiscovery," Second Creek CEO John Sammons said. "Our course has been approved by the West Virginia State Bar for 7.0 CLE credit hours."
The outline for the course includes:
* Information Management & Identification (Records Management & Legal Requirements; Records Storage and Maintenance; Triggering Event
Duty to Preserve; Litigation Hold; Locating Responsive Data/Determining Scope; Litigation Response Plan)
* Preservation and Collection (Legal Requirements & Standards; Preservation Letters; Challenging Contents of Preservation; Digital Storage & Preservation Protocols; Knowing & Understanding the IT Infrastructure; Legacy Systems; Implementation of Preservation/Litigation Hold; Ensuring a Compete & Accurate Collection
Auditability; Collection Methods)
* Processing (Processing Stages; Audit & Chain of Custody; Culling, Prioritizing and Triage; Searching)
* Review & Analysis (Planning the Review; Selecting a Vendor; Managing the Review Process; Emerging Technologies; Techniques & Tools; Common Pitfalls)
* Production and Presentation (Production Considerations; Production Forms; Hosting Data; Authenticating ESI; Presentation Strategies)
The course is approved for 7.20 MCLE Credits for Office Management.
The cost is $175 per person. But law firms can take advantage of a multi-seat discount that allows each additional registrant from the same firm for $25. Lunch is included.
To register, call Second Creek at (304) 736-5454.