Candy Summers vs. Kmart Corp., Sears Holdings Corp. and Joe Sherrard and Roger McClosky, individually and as agents of Kmart Corp.
PA - C. Edward McDonough and Joe Munoz; J - Beane
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for unlawfully detaining and firing her on Jan. 3 after she was accused of internal theft which proved to be untrue. She is seeking unspecified damages, attorney fees and court costs.
Case number: 09-C-406
Kimberly S. Carroll, James C. Brown, Carrie Shook, Ginger R. Riggins, Amanda R. Malone and Cordia S. Little vs. Premier Salons Beauty Inc., Premier Salons Inc., Premier Salons International Inc., all Delaware Corps., Regis Corp., a Minnesota Corp., and Cindy Walton
PA - Walt Auvil and Robert Bastress; J - Reed
* The plaintiffs are suing the defendants for wrongful termination on March 11 for refusing to sign new policy and procedures implemented by Premier following its acquisition of the Regis salon at the Grand Central Mall in Vienna. The defendants make a claim against Regis only for failing to pay them within the statutory 72 hours following their termination. They are seeking unspecified damages, including reinstatement to their jobs, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 09-C-407
Wood County Community Federal Credit Union vs. Shawn M. Riser
PA - Robert K. Teabay III; J - Beane
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for defaulting on a $35,245.67 loan given to the defendant on July 15, 2008 to purchase a 2008 Toyota Tundra. They are seeking judgment in the amount of $10,000.82, the outstanding balance of the loan after the car was repossessed and sold on June 30, plus interest.
Case number: 09-C-408
Richard A. Hayhurst vs. Peoples Cartage Inc., an Ohio Corp., and Central Van and Storage of Charleston Inc.
PA - pro se; J - Reed
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for release him from a monthly storage contract, and for losing a cherry dining room suite belonging to his late mother. He is seeking $6,625 in damages plus court costs and interest.
Case number: 09-C-412
Jeanne E. Slawter vs. Signature Hospital LLC d/b/a St. Joseph's Healthcare System LP and Michelle Gillespie
PA - Walt Auvil; J - Waters
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for wrongful termination on Feb. 20 after she was accused of working for another hospital while on medical leave. She is seeking unspecified damages including reinstatement.
Case number: 09-C-413
Susanne Luke vs. Old Colony Realtors and Gail Gains, Joseph Dilly, Jamie Dilly, Sandra Graham and Sam Matheny
PA - William D. Summers; J - not yet assigned
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for destruction and conversion of personal belongings following her eviction on Feb. 26 from the home she leased from the defendants on Rector Road in Parkersburg. She is seeking $250,000 in damages plus court costs, attorney fees and interest.
Case number: 09-C-416
Rick Leon Hite vs. C.M. Snodgrass and J.S. Pauley, individually and as members of the West Virginia State Police, and the West Virginia State Police
PA - Joseph W. McFarland Jr.; J - not yet assigned
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for false arrest and malicious prosecution after criminal charges stemming from a dispute he had with a neighbor on Aug. 25, 2008 were dropped. He is seeking unspecified damages.
Case number: 09-C-417