Ronald Linville vs. Ropho Sales Inc.
PA- Mark A. Atkinson; J- William S. Thompson
* The 20-year-old employee complains Ropho violated the State Wage Payment & Collection Act after he left the company last January. Linville says he was entitled to wage and/or fringe benefits in full within 72 hours of termination, or by the next regular pay day. He seeks jury awards of damages for lost use of funds, among other things, and punitive damages.
Case number: 10-C-54
Amanda Reynolds vs. Diversicare Management Services and Kim Toney, an individual
PA- Matthew M. Hatfield; J- Thompson
* Reynolds complains she suffered personal injuries in April 2009 at Diversicare's Danville nursing home when the front door window at the receptionist's location fell out of its frame and landed on her foot. She alleges the ownership and Administrator Toney were careless and negligent in properly maintaining a place of business open to the public. The Bob White resident demands jury judgment, jointly and severally, in an amount in excess of jurisdictional limits, plus special and general damages, litigation costs and pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 10-C-55
Leo R. Boggs Sr. vs. Paul and Linda Dolin
PA- pro se; J- Thompson
* Boggs has a long standing dispute over use of a small strip of land at Robison. He complains the Dolins are using property that belongs to him. In November 2006, the couple was granted summary judgment against Boggs by Judge E. Lee Schlaegel, awarding the Dolins a small strip of land through adverse possession. Boggs later lost in his complaint to the State Judicial Investigation Commission last December against then retired Judge Schlaegel's decision.
Case number: 10-C-57
Regina Miller, as mother and next friend of Evan Miller, infant
PA- Brian D. Morrison; J- Thompson
* Danville woman petitioned for approval of a net settlement of $34,000 with insurance companies resulting from injuries to her 16-year-old son in a January 2008 vehicle accident.
Case number: 10-C-59
Donald J. Slone vs. Judith J. Slone Holstein
PA- Bobby R. Hale; J- Thompson
* Donald Slone claims possession of real estate in Scot District and a manufactured double-wide home on the property. He cites documented land value of $7,100 and $43,100 value of the home on record. He says Judith Slone Holstein owns no interest in the property and should be ordered to vacate immediately.
Case number: 10-C-61
Johnny and Sherry Thompson vs. Mine Safety Appliances Co., Persinger Supply Co., Fairmont Supply, Raleigh Mine & Industrial Supply, Inc. and Eastern States Mine Supply Co.
PA- John Hunt Morgan; J- Thompson
* Working as a coal miner from 1969 to 1994 for several companies, the Foster couple claims Johnny developed "black lung" disease because of "hidden defects in and the inadequate warnings provided with the MSA respirators" he used. The Thompsons direct their product liability suit against the manufacturer and four agents, demanding jury awards of compensatory damages, punitive damages against MSA only, litigation cost, a declaration of rights between the parties and pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 10-C-62
Leo R. Boggs Sr. vs. W. Howard Boggs
PA- pro se; J- Thompson
* Plaintiff seeks $75,000 for damages he claims W.H. Bogs "...and his boys: inflicted on his farm house and property at Robison.
Case number: 10-C-63