Norman Dean Staskey vs. Margaret E. Thomas and Eugene E. Thomas
PA- Brent G. Nemeth; J- Karl
* In June 1986, plaintiff purchased silver bars from Jim West, owner of a hobby shop formerly located in Wheeling. Each of these bars weighed 100 ounces. Thirty nine of the 40 bars were delivered to defendant's home and it is believed both were present at the time of delivery. Plaintiff placed a call on July 9, 2010, to say he was picking up his silver but he was informed by defendants that he had already picked up his silver. The current market value is $116,000 and a judgment with punitive damages for this amount is sought.
Case number: 10-C-227
Tatia J. Rose-Cooke, f/k/a Tatia J. Rose vs. International Society for Krishna Consciousness-New Mathura Vrindaban
PA- Jeffrey W. McCamic; J- Hummel
* An issue has arisen as to whether the plaintiff conveyed her one- eighth interest in the oil, gas, and other minerals she inherited from her father. She conveyed the surface to the defendant, which was not her intent. The plaintiff demands an order acknowledging her retention of her interest of said 132.77 parcel of real estate.
Case number: 10-C-228
Thomas G. Wack, M.D. vs. The Health Plan of the Upper Ohio Valley Inc.
PA- Daniel Taylor; J- Karl
* On and before 2010, plaintiff agreed to provide health care services to members of the Health Plan in consideration for being paid by the Health Plan for services rendered to Members of the Health Plan. Plaintiff is currently owed $3,800, exclusive of interests and fees. Judgment is demanded.
Case number: 11-C-1
Larry W. McDonald vs. D.D. Exterior Enterprise, LLC, d/b/a Equity One Exteriors
PA- Paul J. Harris; Shawn L. Fluharty; J- Hummel
* On April 1, 2010, plaintiff signed a contract to construct a new roof on his home. He then cancelled the contract pursuant to a 3-day provision with the contract. Throughout the next several months materials and workers were delivered. A representative appeared to examine the roof and stated "they really did you a number Mr. McDonald." Because the roof was never repaired, plaintiff's house began to have water damage. Damages are sought in the amount of $50,000, which includes the cost to replace plaintiff's roof.
Case number: 11-C-2
Jacob P. Zukoff and Automotive Accessories Limited Inc. vs. Manek Energy
PA- George Sidiropolis; J- Karl
* Plaintiffs demand judgment for the sum of $11,833.51 for goods and services detailed on invoices for Manek's automobiles. Punitive damages are sought for the bad faith conduct.
Case number: 11-C-3