State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co. as subrogee of Diann B. Keith vs. Justin Hal Christopher J. Regan and Paige C. Regan vs. Coventry Health & Life Insurance Company, a Maryland Corporation; CareLink Health Plans, Inc., a West Virginia West Virginia corporation
PA- Scott S. Blass; III; J- Recht
* Defendants were the underwriters of a PPO health insurance policy issued to some employees of Bordas and Bordas and their families. The defendants illegitimately denied the claims presented by plaintiffs. The acts of the defendants were of such a nature that the plaintiffs are entitled to recover punitive damages and deter defendants from engaging in similar conduct in the future.
Case number: 12-C-24
First United Bank & Trust vs. Carol A. Bortle
PA- Brandon James Hoover; III; J- Recht
* About Oct. 20, 2007, Bortle entered into a security agreement with First United Bank. Defendant defaulted under the terms of the Agreement and the collateral was repossessed. The repossessed collateral was sold leaving a deficiency balance in the amount of $5,076.93. A judgment in the principal amount, together with interest and fees is demanded.
Case number: 12-C-25
Eric and Kristina Mayskiela vs. The James White Construction Company and Vince Bruno Construction, LLC
PA- W. Gus Saines; J- Gaughan
* On Oct. 26, 2010, VBC entered the land owned by the plaintiffs damaging and negligently destroyed the driveway. The plaintiffs suffered damages and will incur costs in an effort to effect repairs. A reward is sought for punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-27
Ohio Casualty Group A/S/O Richard L. Ernest vs. David Hancher-Palmer and Robert N. Rea, Jr.
PA- Clinton W. Smith;
* On Jan. 30, 2010, Hancher-Palmer was operating a vehicle owned by Rea. His negligence caused another vehicle to collide with the Tractor Trailer owned by Ernest. The result of the property damage was $39,229.25 paid to Ernest. A judgment is demanded in this amount, along with fees and costs.
Case number: 12-C-40
Lily Rayna Milbert vs. Michael A. Lorillo
PA- David A. Jividen; J- Gaughan
* The plaintiff was driving a taxi on Stone Street in Wheeling on Dec. 28, 2010. She was stopped at the intersection preparing to make a right hand turn onto S. Penn Street when defendant struck her head on. She suffered injuries to her neck and back. Compensatory damages, along with punitive damages, are demanded because the defendant was driving under the influence of alcohol.
Case number: 12-C-46
Sunni Burnett vs. Wheeling Hospital, Inc.
PA- David L. Delk, Jr.; J- Gaughan
* Burnett was employed with defendant from Nov. 24, 2008, until Aug. 8, 2011, when she was terminated. Prior to her termination, she filed a hostile work environment grievance against her immediate supervisor. Plaintiff claims she was discriminated against because she needed a surgical procedure which would require time off from work. Burnett tape recorded one meeting with her immediate supervisor and reported the results to human resources. This was the sole reason given for her termination. She seeks lost wages and other benefits.
Case number: 12-C-47