Roger D. Keeling vs. Rudd Equipment Company, Inc.
PA- Thomas H. Peyton; J- Joseph K. Reeder
* In January 2011, Keeling resigned from his employment with the defendant. He claims the defendant failed to pay his final wages in a timely manner. Keeling is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 13-C-7
Phyllis D. Lester, as power of attorney for Ruby Shumate vs. CAMC Teays Valley Hospital, Inc.
PA- Andrew L. Paternostro, Sprague W. Hazard, Jeff D. Stewart; J- Phillip Stowers
* On Jan. 11, 2011, Shumate presented to CAMC Teays Valley with shortness of breath and was admitted for treatment of COPD. Lester claims during Shumate’s admission, she suffered a fall that resulted in a fractured left ankle. Lester is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 13-C-9
Wanda Dailey and Jack Dailey vs. Jeffrey Followell and JB Hunt Transport Services, Inc.
PA- James R. Fox
* On Feb. 16, 2011, Wanda Dailey says she was injured in a car accident caused by Followell, who was operating a tractor-trailer owned by JB Hunt. The Daileys are seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-14
Monica Handley Larsen vs. Brian Bowling d/b/a Ultimate Pawn & Performance
PA- Rosalee Juba-Plumley; J- Phillip Stowers
* On Nov. 5, Larsen says she approached the defendant to get a short-term loan due to her husband’s recent lack of work and gave a $15,000 ring as collateral to obtain a loan of $1,000. On Dec. 5, Larsen approached the defendant to inquire about paying the interest and then coming in a few days later to pay off the loan when her husband got paid and was told that she had a seven-day grace period, she says. When Larsen came back on Dec. 12, she says she was told her ring had been sold. Larsen is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 13-C-16
Logan Hydraulics & Machine, Inc. vs. Frasure Creek Mining, LLC
PA- Ryan S. Marsteller; J- Joseph K. Reeder
* Logan sold and delivered goods and/or provided services to the defendant from September 2011 until February 2012. Logan claims Frasure failed and refused to pay for the goods and services. Logan is seeking damages in the amount of $30,333 with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-17
Charles H. Hancock and Donna Hancock vs. James A. Akins, M.D.
PA- Sprague W. Hazard; J- Phillip Stowers
* Charles Hancock was a patient of the defendant and claims Akins was negligent in his care, which caused Charles Hancock to suffer cancer and a delay in treatment. The Hancocks are seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-19