Brandon Ross vs. City of Chesapeake
PA- JB Akers; J- Carrie Webster
* Ross was employed by the City of Chesapeake. On Jan. 3, 2012, Ross suffered a work-related injury and sought medical treatment and was given a release from work. Ross claims on Jan. 13, 2012, he was fired as a result of sustaining the work-related injury. Ross is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-303
Dawn M. Bowman and Joel Bowman, her husband vs. West Virginia Department of Transportation Division of Highways, Paul A. Mattox Jr. and Justin Cain
PA- JB Akers; J- Louis H. Bloom
* On Feb. 18, 2011, Dawn Bowman says she stopped her vehicle because two cars were coming into her lane when her vehicle was struck from the rear by a vehicle driven by Cain, who was employed by WVDOT. The Bowmans are seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 13-C-313
Jorea M. Marple vs. West Virginia Board of Education
PA- Timothy N. Barber, Thomas Patrick Maroney, A. Andrew MacQueen III; J- Louis H. Bloom
* Marple was the superintendent of schools from January 2011 until Nov. 14. She claims the defendant wrongfully terminated her employment. Marple is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 13-C-315
Ronnie E. Smeal vs. Patrick T. Holbrook Action Enterprises, LLC
PA- J. Michael Ranson, Cynthia M. Ranson, G. Patrick Jacobs; J- James C. Stucky
* Smeal was employed by the defendant from April 1 until Aug. 24. He claims the defendant failed to pay his final wages within 72 hours of discharge. Smeal is seeking compensatory and liquidated damages.
Case number: 13-C-336
Tri Ed Distribution, Inc. vs. Access Document Systems Corporation
PA- Clinton W. Smith; J- Carrie Webster
* Tri Ed says it provided goods, funds or services to the defendant in the amount of $7,314.46. It claims the defendant has failed to pay for the goods, funds or services provided. Tri Ed is seeking damages in the amount of $7,314.46 with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-338
Martin Marietta Materials, Inc. vs. ST Pipeline, Inc.
PA- Norman T. Daniels Jr., John F. Loehr; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* Martin claims ST Pipeline owes $5,269.06 for supplies furnished. It is seeking damages in the amount of $5,269.06 with interest.
Case number: 13-C-340
John Edward Hull II vs. Brite Home Improvement and Bryon Bradshaw, individually and as owner of Brite Home Improvement
PA- Joshua R. Martin; J- James C. Stucky
* On April 14, Hull was hired by the defendant to help with a metal roofing job on a home in Pond Fork. While working on the metal roof, an issue allegedly arose with the exhaust fan of the old roof and Hull climbed onto the roof to assist other workers with the removal of the old exhaust fan. When Hull attempted to remove the old metal from the exhaust fan with a hammer, he says a piece of metal came loose and became lodged in his throat, which caused him severe injuries and substantial blood loss. Hull is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 13-C-374