Ricky C. Graham vs. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and Shannon Cazad
PA- Scott S. Blass; J- Karl
* On July 8, 2011, Graham was slowing to stop behind a vehicle making a left turn in Oakland, Md. Stephanie Hebb drove her vehicle into the rear of plaintiff’s vehicle, the suit says. Graham allegedly suffered injuries to his left knee, neck and back. Some injuries are certain to be permanent, he says. The settlement with Hebb for $50,000 did not fully compensate him for the damages experienced, he says. Graham is entitled to recover $150,000 from Hebb, he says. Plaintiff requests judgment against State Farm representing underinsured bodily injury coverage.
Case number: 13-C-103
Reilley’s Inc. vs. Marco’s Service Center, Inc.
PA- Lester C. Hess, Jr.; J- Karl
* On Feb. 28, 1995, Plaintiff leased real estate on Wheeling Ave. for the purpose of operating a gasoline service station. The lease term was for 10 years ending on Feb. 28, 2005. Defendant failed to make full rental payments and has not made a payment since September 2012, the suit says. Compensatory and contractual damages, along with interest, costs, and expenses are warranted, the suit says.
Case number: 13-C-105
Sarah I. Beckett, individually and Sarah I. Beckett, as parent, natural guardian and next friend of Lydia Beckett, Henry, an infant, and Jeremiah Beckett vs. Kittle Hauling & Supply Company, Inc. and Harry Brent Snyder
PA- Gregory A. Gellner; J- Hummel
* On July 18, 2011, near the intersection of Rte. 2 and 8th Street, Plaintiff was operating her vehicle when Defendant, while operating a dump truck, rear-ended Plaintiff’s vehicle, the suit says. Plaintiff is entitled to recover damages on behalf of the infant’s who traveled with her, she says. Plaintiff demands judgment to be determined by jury.
Case number: 13-C-106
Michael and Patricia Schoene vs. McElroy Coal and Consol Energy Company
PA- James G. Bordas, Jr.; J- Karl
* Plaintiffs own and reside on their property in Liberty District containing 55 ½ acres. Both Defendants conducted longwall mining operations on the property causing substantial interior and exterior damage, the suit says. Compensative and punitive damages are sought due to landslides.
Case number: 13-C-111
Charles H. and Vivian Baker vs. Sean T. Clay
PA- Jacob M. Robinson; J- Karl
* About June 27, 2011, in Sherrard, Clay collided with Baker who sustained bodily injuries, the suit says. Plaintiff seeks entitlement to full benefits of all underinsured motorist bodily injury coverages. Baker claims she has suffered injuries and medical expenses for which compensatory damages are sought.
Case number: 13-C-113
Joni Baker, Executrix of the Estate of Ida Blazy, deceased vs. Mound View Health Care, Inc.
PA- R. Dean Hartley; J- Hummel
* Blazy was a nursing home resident of Defendants from Sept. 5, 2008 to March 12, 2012. Mound View failed to keep Plaintiff fully informed of her total medical condition during her residency, the suit says. Blazy was required to undergo medical care which ultimately resulted in her untimely death, the suit says. Her severe illness forced her to obtain medical expenses, the suit says. Compensatory and punitive damages are demanded by the trier of fact.
Case number: 13-C-114
Steven Ansell vs. Exxon Mobil Corp., et al.
PA- R. Dean Hartley; Scott S. Segal; Lynnette Simon Marshall; J- Karl
* Ansell’s exposures to benzene-containing gasoline and mixed solvents while working as a mechanic was a proximate cause of Ansell’s development of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, diagnosed on Oct. 4, 2012, the suit says. Plaintiff’s ability to work and earn a living has been greatly impaired and he has lost the capacity to earn wages, the suit says. Compensatory damages are demanded from all defendants to be determined by trier of fact.
Case number: 13-C-119
Thomas E. White vs. Barbara L. Cox
PA- Thomas E. White; J- Hummel
* Plaintiff and Defendant each own ½ interest in the real estate located on Sixth Street. The subject real estate is a single urban lot with one building and therefore is not susceptible of being equitably partitioned, the suit says. Plaintiff seeks an order to promote the sale of said property.
Case number: 13-C-120
McMechen Volunteer Fire Dept. vs. Providence Construction and Terry Davis
PA- Daniel M. Balgo; J- Karl
* On July 23, 2010, Plaintiff entered into a contract with Providence for the installation of multiple roofs on Plaintiff’s building located in McMechen. Defendants had numerous obligations to install roofs necessary for the construction project, the suit says. Water runoff is inhibited by the height of improperly installed drain scruppers, the suit says. Plaintiff claims it is entitled compensation for all damages and costs incurred.
Case number: 13-C-123