LOGAN — A West Virginia woman is suing Southern Medical Rentals for alleged breach of duty and negligence.
Marlene Curtis filed a complaint on June 7 in the Logan County Circuit Court, alleging that the oxygen concentrator the defendant placed in her bedroom caught fire, causing burns.
According to the complaint, the plaintiff alleges that she suffered physical injuries from the fire on July 4, 2016. The plaintiff holds the defendant responsible for allegedly failing to properly maintain the oxygen concentrator in order to prevent it from starting a fire.
The plaintiff requests a trial by jury and seeks judgment against the defendant in an amount that exceeds the court's jurisdictional minimum, interest and any other relief this court deems just. She is represented by Scott S. Segal and Jason P. Foster of the Segal Law Firm in Charleston.
Logan County Circuit Court case number 17-C-169