West Virginia Record

Saturday, February 29, 2020

Customer alleges Comcast cable caused fire at house

By Philip Gonzales | Dec 6, 2017

General court 01

NEW CUMBERLAND – A New Cumberland woman alleges the improper installation of a cable wire in her home caused a fire.

Patricia L. Freeman filed a complaint Oct. 26 in Hancock Circuit Court against Comcast Corp. alleging negligence and negligent supervision.

According to the complaint, the plaintiff alleges that she had contacted the defendant to install cable in her residence. The suit states that the defendant's employee failed to ground the cable wire that led from the outside of the residence to the basement, and the alleged wrongful installation caused a fire on Aug. 14, 2016.

The plaintiff requests a trial by jury and seeks damages of more than $75,000, pre- and post-judgment interest, costs, attorney's fees and such other general and special relief. She is represented by Carl L. Frankovitch of Frankovitch, Anetakis, Simon, DeCapio & Pearl in Weirton. The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge David Sims.

Hancock Circuit Court case number 17-C-134

Want to get notified whenever we write about any of these organizations ?

Sign-up Next time we write about any of these organizations, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

Hancock Circuit CourtFrankovitch, Anetakis, Simon, Decapio & Pearl, LLPComcast