Florida couple alleges husband suffered lung disease due to asbestos exposure

By Noddy A. Fernandez | Oct 2, 2018

CHARLESTON — A Florida couple is suing dozens of companies, alleging failure to warn of the dangers of exposure to asbestos.

Donald B. Boss and Margaret E. Boss filed a complaint in Kanawha Circuit Court against A.O. Smith Corporation, A.R. Wilfrely & Sons Inc., Air & Liquid Systems Corporation, et al., alleging failure to advise Donald Boos of the dangerous characteristics of their asbestos and asbestos-related products.

According to the complaint, on July 13, Donald Boss, 82, was diagnosed with mesothelioma, which he says was due to his long-term exposure to and from his inhaling dust and asbestos fibers coming from the defendants' facilities. 

The plaintiffs allege they were unaware of and could not discover the dangerous effects of asbestos that can cause fatal lung disease. 

The plaintiffs allege the defendants failed and omitted to take reasonable precautions or to exercise reasonable care to publish, adopt and enforce a safety plan and a safe method for the handling and installing of asbestos and asbestos materials.

Donald and Margaret Boss seek trial by jury, damages, costs of suit, pre-and post-judgment interest, plus all other just relief. They are represented by attorneys Brian A. Prim of Prim Law Firm PLLC in Hurricane, and by Michael Gallucci of Savins, Kane & Gallucci LLC in Pittsburgh.

Kanawha Circuit Court case number 18-C-982

Want to get notified whenever we write about any of these organizations ?

Sign-up Next time we write about any of these organizations, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

Kanawha Circuit Court Prim Law Firm PLLC

More News

The Record Network