Customer blames Taco Bell after he was injured by used hypodermic needle in restroom

By Noddy A. Fernandez | Nov 26, 2018

CHARLESTON — A Kanawha County customer is suing Taco Bell, alleging negligence led to injuries to the plaintiff.

Lance Jude filed a complaint in Kanawha Circuit Court against Carter Central LLC, doing business as Taco Bell, alleging failure to maintain its business environment in a safe manner.

According to the complaint, on Oct. 4, 2016, while at a Taco Bell in St. Albans to eat a meal, Jude was punctured with a used hypodermic needle when he washed his hands. 

As a result, Jude says, he suffered physical injuries, lost wages and incurred medical and other expenses. 

The plaintiff alleges Taco Bell failed to keep the premises safe by not allowing a dangerous condition to occur in the premises and failed to warn invitees of any dangerous condition remaining on the premises.

Jude seeks trial by jury, compensation for damages, pre- and post-judgment interest, costs and all other just relief. He is represented by attorney Herbert L. Hively II of Charleston.

Kanawha Circuit Court case number 18-C-1257

Want to get notified whenever we write about Kanawha Circuit Court ?

Sign-up Next time we write about Kanawha Circuit Court, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

Kanawha Circuit Court

More News

The Record Network