West Virginia Record

Saturday, February 22, 2020

Electrician sues Sam's Club, contractor after suffering injuries from fall off industrial freezer

State Court

By Marian Johns | Nov 15, 2019

General court 02

CHARLESTON – An electrician who was injured after falling off an industrial freezer while doing electrical work at a Charleston Sam's Club alleges negligence was the cause of his injuries.

Shannon Presley filed a complaint in Kanawha Circuit Court against Shine Electrical Group and Sam's Club No. 6457 alleging negligence and negligent entrustment. 

The suit states Presley fell off the freezer while working at the Sam's Club on Dec. 12, 2017, and suffered injuries to his bones, nerves, tissues, vessels, discs in his neck, back and spine. Presley alleges the defendants failed to provide proper safety equipment and removed safety equipment from the job site prior to his accident as well as violated Occupational Safety and Health Administration standards. 

Presley seeks damages, a trial by jury and all other just relief. He is represented by Thomas Hall with The Hall & Copetas Law Firm in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 

The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Tera Salango.

Kanawha Circuit Court case number 19-C-922

Want to get notified whenever we write about Kanawha Circuit Court ?

Sign-up Next time we write about Kanawha Circuit Court, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

Kanawha Circuit Court

More News