THIS JUST IN
Kanawha Circuit Court
Dec. 5 through
Mary Kennedy vs. Loretta Bays, Theresa Karp and Loved Ones In Home Care, LLC
PA-Samuel F. Hanna, J-Stucky
* Kennedy was a passenger in a car driven by Karp, who was performing duties as an employee of Loved Ones In Home Care. Bays was driving another car that hit Karp's car on Dec. 8, 2003, in Charleston. In the accident, Kennedy claims she suffered pain and suffering and has had medical expenses.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 05-C-2662.
Charl Eggleton vs. Smith's Super Value
PA-Michael A. Turkaly, J-Stucky
* On Dec. 11, 2003, Eggleton claims she slipped at fell at the store in Elkview. He claims the store was negligent, reckless and careless and that he has suffer pain of body and mind and had medical expenses. She claims some of the injuries are permanent and that she will continue to suffer pain and incur medical expenses.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 05-C-2663.
Lawrence Burdette II vs. Gelco Corporation
PA-Lawrence Burdette, J-Walker
* On May 8, 2005, Burdette claims a vehicle owned by Gelco and driven by an unknown person, hit it car in the parking lot of Embassy Suites hotel in Charleston, causing damage to the driver's side door. He seeks damages to repair vehicle. Also, he seeks damages for aggravation, inconvenience and annoyance, loss of work time, loss of personal time and expenses required to locate the defendant in the sum of $25,000.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 05-C-2666
Joseph B. Huff vs. Timothy W Embrey and Melinda M. Embrey
PA-G. Patrick Jacobs, J-Berger
* Huff claims the Embreys, as owners of Embrey Rentals, were responsible for him falling through the floor of his rental unit in Belle on July 20, 2005. He seeks compensation for injuries, pain and suffering, medical expenses and lost earnings.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 05-C-2667
State of West Virginia ex. rel. West Virginia Workers' Compensation Commission vs. Bartlett Concrete Inc. and Eddie L. Johnson, president
PA-David Ansell, J-Walker
* State claims Bartlett has defaulted on Workers' Comp payments and now owes at least $14,434.61. State seeks to have defendants stop doing business in the state until all wages are reported and all amounts owed are paid.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 05-C-2668
State of West Virginia ex. rel. West Virginia Workers' Compensation Commission vs. Cherokee Drilling Company and Martin Twist, owner
PA-David Ansell, J-Berger
* State claims Cherokee has defaulted on Workers' Comp payments and now owes at least $22,247.86. State seeks to have defendants stop doing business in the state until all wages are reported and all amounts owed are paid.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 05-C-2669
Timothy Powell vs. David Krife
PA-G. Wayne VanBibber, J-Bloom
* Powell claims he was attacked by Krife and hit several times with a 2-by-4 piece of wood. He says he suffered permanent injuries to his head and brain and incurred medical expenses. He also seeks punitive damages and court costs.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 05-C-2670
Martin I. Skiles vs. Kelly J. George
PA-John E. Dorsey, J-King
* Skiles claims George was responsible for vehicle accident in Charleston on Dec. 15, 2003. He says his vehicle sustained damage and that he incurred medical expenses, pain and suffering as well as temporary and permanent injuries. He seeks $817.68 for cost of repairing his vehicle and $50,000 for medical care and treatment, pain and suffering, annoyance and inconvenience.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 05-C-2671
Deborah Masinter vs. Kanawha Valley Fellowship Home Inc.
PA-Andrew S. Nason, J-Stucky
* Masinter claims she was unfairly fired from her job as director of the home on Aug. 1, 2005, and that she was a victim of discrimination. She wants compensated for wrongful discharge and termination, annoyance and inconvenience.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 05-C-2673
Peter B. Chambers and Alison R. Chambers vs. Walter F. Roupe dba W.F. Roupe Roofing Company or Walter F. Roupe Roofing & Building and other similar names
* The Chambers claim Roupe, a roofing contractor, didn't carry out terms of a contract to repair and reshingle the roof of their Charleston home. As a result, the suit claims the roof leaked and caused damages to the house. They seek $30,000 plus fees and costs.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 05-C-2674
THIS JUST IN
Want to get notified whenever we write about State of West Virginia ?
Sign-up Next time we write about State of West Virginia, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.