Callihan & Hale LLC dba C&H Heating & Cooling vs. Dala Construction
PA-Michael A. Frye J-John L. Cummings
* Callihan and Hale, a Kentucky company, is suing the Ohio construction company for work performed on a Barboursville Chick-Fil-A restaurant in May 2005. The suit claims Callihan has demanded payment on several occasions but Dalo has refused. Callihan is seeking a judgment of $26,094.
Case number: 06-C-113
Joseph and Judy Lageman et al vs. Cabell County Board of Education, William Smith, Superintendent of Schools, Rebecca Monday, Mary Freeman, Employees of Cabell County
PA-R. Stephen Jarrell J-David M. Pancake
* The parents of five Cammack Middle School students are suing the principal and vice principal of the school along with the Cabell County Board of Education for negligence. The suit claims the defendants wrongly accused the children of "butt-raping" another student. The parents of the children are seeking punitive damages.
Case number: 06-C-116
Frances Watson and Ella Woolridge vs. Lucinda Page
PA-John F. Hussell J-John L. Cummings
* Watson and Woolridge are suing Page for breach of contract and misrepresentation after Page allegedly posed as the primary beneficiary of a $74,441 life insurance belonging to Kenneth A. Page. Watson and Woolridge claim they are in fact the beneficiaries and are seeking damages in the amount of the policy and punitive damages.
Case number: 06-C-121
Erie In. Prop & Casualty vs. David S. Dobbs II
PA-Michael R. Cline J-David. M. Pancake
* Erie is suing Dobbs after he left an incense burner unattended in his apartment, which is owned and operated by Erie. The apartment caught fire and caused property damage to the building. Erie is seeking compensatory damages.
Construction One Inc. vs. Moe's Knows WV Management dba Moe's Southwest Grill
PA- Johnson W. Gabhart J-John L. Cummings
* The Ohio construction company is suing Moe's claiming the restaurant failed to pay for the construction of its Pullman Square location and also passed bad checks. Construction One is seeking damages in the amount of $277,946.
Case number: 06-C-128