Dennis Nails, as administrator of Nora Nails' estate vs. Donald Patthoff, DDS
PA - Laura Faircloth; J - David H. Sanders
* The plaintiff claims Nora Nails died as a result of complications from having seven teeth extracted by the defendant on Feb. 23, 2004. The suit says Patthoff knew about Nails' medical history, but he breached his duty of care as a dentist by failing to inform Nails or her primary health care provider of the risks and by failing to perform the dental procedure in a hospital setting. Dennis Nails seeks at least $16,927 for medical and funeral expenses, in addition to other relief.
Case number: 06-C-130
Anthony E. Meacham and Sharon K. Meacham vs. Material Handling Equipment Erectors Inc., Speedrack-Midwest Inc., General Motors Corp., Raymond Kenny, John Gerhardt, Steve Gougen and Allan Johnson
PA - Harry Waddell; J - David H. Sanders
* Anthony Meacham claims he was injured as a result of the defendants' negligence while he was helping remove shelving units at the General Motors plant in Martinsburg. Meacham says he fell off a platform after the forklift it was attached to started to tip, and he was permanently injured when shelf decking crushed his legs. Meacham and his wife are seeking an amount yet to be determined.
Case number: 06-C-122
V W Credit Inc., vs. Linda A. Kurtz
PA - Christopher McCarthy; J - Christopher Wilkes
* The plaintiff claims Kurtz breached the terms of a promissory note by failing pay the total sum. The plaintiff is seeking $17,989.07 plus interest and other fees.
Case number: 06-C-125
Brian K. Faircloth vs. Kathy A. Palmer
PA - Jeffrey Burcham; J - David H. Sanders
* Faircloth claims he and the defendant entered a verbal contract in 2004, and he agreed to loan Palmer money so she could pay off debts. He says he loaned her $15,864.02 from June 2004 through December 2005, and he is seeking that amount plus interest.
Case number: 06-C-126
Alliant Credit Union FKA United Airlines Employees' Credit vs. Cory A. Thompson
PA - Kenneth Belt; J - Christopher Wilkes
* The plaintiff claims Thompson owes $36,868.84 for one credit agreement, and $1,642.88 from a separate agreement. The plaintiff is seeking those amounts plus interest.
Case number: 06-C-127