Annjeana L. Moore vs. The Berkeley County Commission, Thomas A. Young Jr., Scott Myers and Corey Gano
PA - Harry Waddell; J - Christopher Wilkes
* The plaintiff was attacked on June 30, 2004, by a police dog, although she says she did not make any threats or have physical contact with K-9 officer Young. Moore claims defendants Young and Myers, both deputies with the Berkeley County Sheriff's Department, filed false reports that said the plaintiff had obstructed an officer. The plaintiff also says Gano, who was with Myers at the time of the incident, also wrote a false report. The suit claims the County Commission is liable for the deputies' actions. Moore is seeking an unspecified amount of damages for her injuries, pain, suffering, medical expenses and other relief.
Case number: 06-C-153
Green Tree Servicing LLC vs. Alan R. Wagner
PA - Erin Dyer; J - David H. Sanders
* Green Tree, as successor servicer to GreenPoint Credit Corp., claims the defendant failed to make payments for a security agreement from Feb. 16, 1999, for the purchase of a manufactured home. As of Jan. 31, 2006, the outstanding amount was $37,925.93. The plaintiff is seeking possession of the home.
Case number: 06-C-154
Green Tree Servicing LLC vs. William Marvin Cole
PA - Erin Dyer; J - Christopher Wilkes
* Green Tree, as successor servicer to GreenPoint Credit Corp., says Cole failed to make payments for a security agreement from March 30, 2000, for the purchase of a manufactured home. As of Feb. 3, 2006, the outstanding amount was $28,476.20. The plaintiff is seeking possession of the home.
Case number: 06-C-157
Michael Folk, George Folk, Jo Anne Folk, Timothy Folk, Trina Folk, Matthew Ware, Tamara Ware and Stella Folk vs. Berkeley County Planning Commission
PA - Michael Folk, Pro Se; J - Christopher Wilkes
* The plaintiffs claims they are aggrieved by a Feb. 16, 2006, decision by the Planning Commission, which granted preliminary plat approval of a proposed subdivision known as Lord Fairfax Estates. The plaintiffs say the project should not have been approved because it does not meet the county's minimum requirements. They are asking the court to issue a writ of certiorari directed to the board, to reverse the decision and to issue a writ of mandamus ordering the commission to apply its own regulations.
Case number: 06-C-159
Lucrecia Liriano vs. Kelly Services Inc., Quad Graphics Inc., Jodi Avey and Denise Harmon
PA - Robert Schiavoni; J - Christopher Wilkes
* Liriano worked as an employee for Kelly Services at the Quad Graphics plant in Berkeley County, and she claims her employment was wrongfully terminated in March 2004. She claims Avey, an employee at Quad Graphics, and Harmon, a Kelly Services representative, violated the West Virginia Human Rights Act by failing to accommodate the plaintiff during her pregnancy and allow her to continue to work. The suit also claims the defendants have discriminated against Liriano and other Hispanic employees by failing to offer them the same opportunities as non-Hispanic employees. The plaintiff asks for the court to address hiring and retention practices of the defendants, and she is also seeking compensable and non-compensable damages, punitive damages and other relief.
Case number: 06-C-163