Connie Mullins and Diane Crane v. William Carder; State of West Virginia Department of Safety; Darrell McGraw, Attorney General of the State of West Virginia; and State of West Virginia Department of Corrections
PA-Ron L. Tucker; J-Stucky
* Crane and Mullins claim Carder, a supervisor and committee member of the Work Release program, sexually harassed and bargained for favors by using his status on the Work Release committee while the two were incarcerated at Pruntytown Correctional Center.
Case number: 06-C-511
Bobby Ross II v. State of West Virginia, et al.
PA-Pro Se; J-Walker
* Ross II has filed a petition for writ of habeas corpus, saying he has been denied his right to view records of his arrest and conviction for attempted aggravated robbery, first degree sexual abuse and burglary by entering without breaking in 1987 that landed him more than 100 years in prison. He claims his imprisonment is unconstitutional and demands penalties for the previous 18 years he's spent at Mount Olive Correctional Center.
Case number: 06-C-551
John Heath White v. William S. Haines, Jerry Hainey and James Rubenstein
PA-Dorwin J. Wolfe; D-Lou Ann S. Cyrus; J-Zakaib
* White's rape case has been transferred to Kanawha Circuit Court from Randolph. He says a fellow inmate at Huttonsville Correctional Center raped him in the shower and the staff did nothing but harass him over it. He also claims a guard inappropriately touched him.
Case number: 06-C-576
Ronald Ray Young v. Marco Concrete Lifting, Inc.
PA-C. Benjamin Salango; J-Walker
* Young claims that on Dec. 10, 2005, while an employee of Marco Concrete, he was instructed to excavate a 15-foot-deep trench in Putnam County despite the instability of the trench, which then caved in and caused him injury. He is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-586
Chad Johnson v. Mark March Jr. and Mark March Sr.
PA-William C. Forbes; J-Berger
* Johnson says March Jr. stabbed him across the front of his chest Jan. 9, causing injuries to his chest, thorax and stomach. He adds that March Jr. was doing work in front of the house of March Sr. in Chesapeake, so the father should also be at fault.
Case number: 06-C-593
Dr. Robert Simpson, Inc. v. Donna Runion
PA-Meredith Osborne; D-Christopher Hedges; J-Kaufman
* Simpson is suing for $2,252.81 that Runion has not paid for dental procedures. Runion says she never knowingly agreed to the procedures because she was on a Valium substitute and nitrous oxide to ease her fear of dentistry during a routine check-up.
Case number: 06-C-590
Debbie C. Brown v. Brian Lowery
PA-Pro Se; J-Walker
* Brown is suing for damages incurred when Lowery, who admitted to having seven beers prior to the incident, became agitated that his car had been egged and his mailbox had been toilet-papered and began shooting at Brown's roof. Brown, her son and his friend say they hid in the bathtub until the police arrived. The case was recently moved from magistrate court to circuit court. She is seeking nearly $5,000 in damages.
Case number: 06-C-591
Drema Rowe, Administratrix of the Estate of Jonathan Ray Rowe v. Brian Coangelo, et al.
PA-John R. Mitchell; J-Zakaib
* Rowe is suing Coangelo, United Light and Power Company, AEP Energy Services, Verizon Communications and Cebridge Connections over what she believes is their involvement in the death of Jonathan Ray Rowe, who was a passenger in Coangelo's car March 31, 2004, when it struck a utility pole that she claims was built to close to the roadway.
Case number: 06-C-595
Jane Maloof, M.D. v. John Doe One, et al.
PA-David Allen Barnette; J-King
* Maloof, a radiologist, says unknown hackers started myspace.com and google.com accounts using her personal information for the purpose of impersonating her. Attorney David Barnette says by filing the civil action he know has subpoena power to obtain google.com and myspace.com records for the purpose of identifying the computers used.
Case number: 06-C-599
Thomas P. Sturm v. Kanawha County Board of Education
PA-Michael J. Clifford; J-Kaufman
* Sturm says Sissonville High School failed to provide a proper education, even though he graduated from there. He says he is already on Supplemental Security Income and is seeking damages for injuries and loss of future income. He's also seeking $1 million in punitive damages.
Case number: 06-C-617