Ogden Directories, Inc. v. Bayliss and Phalen, PLLC
PA-Gregory H. Schillace; J-Walker
* Ogden Directories, which publishes a Charleston-area phone book, says Bayliss and Phalen did not pay for an advertisement. Ogden seeks $8,300.
Case number: 06-C-1613
Karen Frazier v. Forest City Enterprises, d/b/a Charleston Town Center
PA-G. Patrick Jacobs; J-Berger
* Frazier says she tripped exiting an elevator in the Charleston Town Center parking lot and is seeking compensatory damages. She says the area was not properly lit and there were no warning signs for a step.
Case number: 06-C-1614
Robin Kiser v. Sanitary Board of the City of Charleston
PA-Michael J. Del Giudice; J-Berger
* Kiser says a defect in the city's sewer line near her house caused raw sewage to be backed up into her home. After filing a complaint, she says the City blamed her line unfairly.
Case number: 06-C-1618
John G. Borders, individually and as personal representative of the Estate of Kimberly Dawn Borders v. Hyundai Motor Co., et al.
PA-Timothy Bailey; J-Zakaib
* Borders blames the manufacturers of his late daughter's 2003 Hyundai Tiburon as well as Autoliv, which designed the occupant restraint system, for her death in a single-car accident in April. Despite having her seatbelt on, he says, Kimberly, 24, was ejected from the car.
Case number: 06-C-1619
State of West Virginia ex rel. Department of Environmental Protection v. DTC Environmental Services, Inc.
PA-Richard Riffe; J-Stucky
* The DEP claims DTC Environmental Services violated several regulations regarding storing hazardous waste.
Case number: 06-C-1621
CNH Capital America v. Diversified Enterprise
PA-Robert Paulson; J-Berger
* CNH claims Diversified Enterprise owes $261,951.49, plus late fees, for bulldozers it purchased.
Case number: 06-C-1623
Anna J. Schultheis, Administratrix of the Estate of David Bailey v. St. Joseph Health Initiative, d/b/a St. Joseph's Hospital of Parkersburg, et al.
* Schultheis blames St. Joseph's Hospital and HCA Health Services of West Virginia for the death of Bailey, who passed away three days after an incident where he stopped breathing. Schultheis said his condition was improperly treated.
PA-Richard Lindsay; J-Walker
Case number: 06-C-1635
West Virginia State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers v. Wilhelm Dix
PA-Debra Hamilton; J-Berger
* The board assessed Dix a $26,000 penalty for violating state engineering regulations and is seeking enforcement of payment.
Case number: 06-C-1645
Judith Terry v. Daily Gazette Company d/b/a Charleston Newspapers
PA-Eunice Green; J-Berger
* Terry says a defect in the floor at Charleston Newspapers caused her to be thrown from her chair, causing serious injury. She is seeking more than $50,000 in compensation, as well as punitive damages.
Case number: 06-C-1646
Vernor Sartin and Lorraine Sartin v. A&I Company, et al.
PA-James M. Barber; J-Visiting
* The Sartins name 50 defendants in an asbestos case. They live in Brinkley, Ark.
Case number: 06-C-1655
Harry Eyler and Louise Eyler v. A&I Company, et al
PA-James M. Barber; J-Visiting
* The Eylers name 89 defendants in an asbestos case. They live in Steubenville, Ohio.
Case number: 06-C-1656