TLC Health Care Services, Inc. vs. Herbert Blake, Jr.
PA-Patrick J. McDermott; J-Karl
* TLC Health Care Services, Inc., alleges that defendant Herbert Blake, Jr., has failed to pay a sum of $11,353.22 for healthcare services rendered to him by the company; it claims a breach of contract on the part of Blake and is seeking that sum plus interest as well as other legal costs and fees.
Case number: 07-C-87
Leroy Anderson, Donna Anderson, et. al vs. Columbian Chemical Company, Craig Landis, et. al
PA-James G. Bordas, Jr.; J-Madden
* The plaintiffs allege that the defendants, namely the Columbian Chemical Company, knowingly and willfully released into the atmosphere a toxic emission known as Carbon Black, a substance containing the carcinogen Benzene, which is known to cause chronic inflammation of lung fibrosis, lung tumors, pulmonary disease, and asthma, among other ailments. The plaintiffs claim that that emission has caused them various illnesses and health problems as well as extensive property damage resulting in medical monitoring costs as well as costs to repair damage to homes, buildings, and vegetation. They also claim severe emotional distress; they are seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-88
Barbara Burch vs. Ashley D. Jobes
PA-Christopher R. Heller; J-Karl
* The two parties were involved in an auto accident which Burch claims was a direct result of negligence, carelessness, and recklessness on the count of Jobes. As a result of the accident, Burch has suffered extensive injuries resulting in medical expenses as well as property damage costs. She is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 07-C-89
Mark Riley vs. Northern Regional Jail Medical Staff
PA-pro se; J-Madden
* Plaintiff Mark Riley, an inmate at Northern Regional Jail, along with his wife, claims that he has a heart condition that at times causes an irregular heartbeat and temporary loss of a heartbeat. He further claims that he has attempted to notify the jail officials and staff repeatedly about his heart condition but has received no attention or assistance and has not been administered to by a doctor. He seeks judgment that will provide him proper healthcare while incarcerated.
Case number: 07-C-90
Reynolds Memorial Hospital vs. Edith Olivia Green
PA-John M. Jurco; J-Karl
* Reynolds Memorial Hospital claims that defendant Edith Olivia Green owes the hospital $7,197.54 due to healthcare services rendered to her in August of 2006 that have since been left unpaid. It is seeking that sum plus interest as well as other legal costs and fees.
Case number: 07-C-91
Robyn L. Thomas and Lisa Marie William, et. al vs. Charles Wylie, DDS
PA-Patrick S. Cassidy; J-Madden
* The plaintiffs claim that Dr. Charles Wylie psychologically abused them while they were employed by him and that he provided them with a hostile environment due to their sex. They claim that he committed assault and batteries on them and inflicted emotional distress. They eventually were forced to resign and are now seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 07-C-94