Vickie Matthews vs. C. Stephen McCloskey and Velia McCloskey
PA- Gregory Gellner; J- Madden
* On March 24, 2007, Matthews claims while delivering newspapers to McCloskey's residence on Garfield Street in McMechen, her foot caught a raised area of concrete resulting in serious injury. She says in accordance with McMechen's City Ordinance, McCloskey is required to maintain the egress. Direct and proximate results include a bone fracture requiring surgery. Residual effects may be permanent in nature; therefore compensatory judgment is sought along with interest and costs.
Erie Insurance Property & Casualty Company vs. Rhonda Kay Clutter and Melinda J. Robson
PA-P. Joseph Craycraft; J- Madden
* Erie seeks declaratory relief pursuant to provisions of Code § 55-12-1, et seq., and declares Erie's Policy No. Q056305077 does not provide Clutter with under insured motorist coverage and therefore has no duty to provide benefits. Indemnification is claimed against providing defense for Clutter.
Case number: 07-C-271
WesBanco Bank Inc. vs. Norma K. Wells and John D. Wells
PA- Marie Bechtel; J- Karl
* On Aug. 15, 2001, Norma Wells applied for and received an unsecured line of credit for $3,000. On Dec. 2, 2005, Norma and John Wells received an unsecured personal loan for $20,500 with an interest rate of 12.20 percent. Judgment is sought jointly and severally for the balances of $1,952.94 and $16,822.19, due under Promissory Note, along with fees, costs and expenses.
Case number: 07-C-272
Green Tree Servicing, LLC f/k/a Green Tree Financial Corporation vs. Michael C. Riley and Judy L. Riley
PA- Jason Long and Jennifer Caradine; J- Madden
* Green Tree has a perfected security lien on Title of a mobile home. On Feb. 3, 1995 an installment contract in the principal amount of $37,088.80 was established. Possession of Title is sought with an order directing Marshall County Sheriff take possession to prevent breach peace.
Case number: 07-C-273
Reynolds Memorial Hospital vs. Christina Marie Lightner
PA- John Jurco; J- Karl
* Medical services were provided in February 2004 for which $6,824.64 is owed. Reynolds seeks an award in that amount, plus pre and post judgment interest and other equitable relief.
Case number: 07-C-274
Reynolds Memorial Hospital vs. Bradley D. Holmes
PA- John Jurco; J- Madden
* Medical services were provided in August 2006. Reynolds claims $6,479.14 is owed. An award for that amount, plus pre and post judgment interest, is sought.
Case number: 07-C-275
Reynolds Memorial Hospital vs. Thomas W. Howard
PA- John Jurco; J- Karl
* Medical services were provided in Oct. 2003; 2003; 2004; 2005 and 2006, for which Reynolds claims $13,147.74 is owed. An award in that amount, plus pre and post judgment interest, along with other equitable relief is sought.
Case number: 07-C-276
Charles R. Clark and Marilyn V. Whipkey (f/k/a/ Clark) vs. McElroy Coal Company, a Delaware Corporation
PA- Eric Gordon; J- Madden
* Clark is owner of real estate property along Cameron Ridge. In 2006, McElroy conducted mining operations near and above their property. They claim the terms of the mining permit were violated and a duty is owed pursuant to the permit issued and to the WV Surface Coal Mining and Reclamation Act. Diminution of total value, loss of property uses, and natural water supply, annoyance and inconvenience are claimed. Pre- and post-judgment interest, expert witness fees and costs proper are sought.
Case number: 07-C-279