Larry J. Jackson vs. The Putnam County Board of Education and Harold Hatfield, Superintendent, and Davy L. Burdette
PA-D. Scott Tyree; J-Spaulding
* Jackson was driving near Winfield on Jan. 31, 2006, when Burdette, a school bus driver, hit the rear of his vehicle. He seeks joint and several compensatory damages for his injuries and damages as well as other relief. He also seeks attorney fees, pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 08-C-24
Suzanne M. Spauldling vs. Mindy Jean Spaulding
PA-Harvey D. Peyton; J-Spaulding
* Suzanne Spaulding says Mindy Jean Spaulding committed a battery against her on Jan. 30, 2006, in the town of Eleanor. She claims medical expenses of more than $4,000, lost earnings of more than $8,000 as well as physical and mental anguish, loss of enjoyment of life, aggravation, annoyance and inconvenience. She seeks compensatory damages as well as costs, attorney fees and other relief.
Case number: 08-C-25
Krystal Perdomo, by and through her legal guardian, Herberto Perdomo vs. Stacy J. Casto and Poca Wrecker Service LLC
PA-Paul Stroebel; J-Eagloski
* Krystal Perdomo was driving her vehicle on June 22, 2007, when Casto struck her vehicle with the Poca Wrecker rollback wrecker truck he was driving. She suffered injuries requiring medical treatment. She seeks compensatory damages as well as punitive damages, pre- and post-judgment interest, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 08-C-26
Troy D. Taylor vs. Charles T. Hatfield
PA-Richard E. Holtzapfel; J-Eagloski
* Taylor says he and Hatfield entered into a written agreement for Taylor to buy property from Hatfield in Hurricane. He gave Hatfield $7,000 earnest money and got keys to the house. The sale never was completed despite plaintiff's attempts to do so. He says Hatfield committed fraud, conversion and breach of contract and breach of duty of good faith and fair dealing. He seeks damages, including the return of his $7,000, as well as reimbursement of expenses, pre- and post-judgment interest, attorney fees and punitive damages.
Case number: 08-C-31
Raymond Douglas Peak vs. City of Hurricane, Scott Edwards, Donald Chaney, Brian Ellis, Lana Call and Patty Hager
PA-Lonnie C. Simmons; J-Eagloski
* Peak says he was wrongly fired from his job as Hurricane's Water and Sewer Superintendent. He seeks compensatory damages, punitive damages, full reinstatement with all salary increases and bonuses.
Case number: 08-C-36