Topeka Enterprises Inc. dba Nitro Carpet Outlet vs. Vickie Watters, Prime Developers LLC, Todd Joyce, Debbie Joyce, Wells Fargo Bank NA, J3 Construction LLC and Stonegate Homeowners Association Inc.
PA-Johnson W. Gabhart and Loren C. Allen; J-Spaulding
* Nitro Carpet Outlet says Prime Developers hasn't paid $20,945.57 for products purchased for Watters' home in Stonegate. The Joyces are the sole members of Prime Developers, according to the complaint. Nitro Carpet seeks that amount, pre- and post-judgment interest and attorney fees. It also has placed a mechanic's lien on the property.
Case number: 08-C-297
Wally Thornhill vs. Burdette Camping Center Inc. and Forest River Inc.
PA-Bryan N. Price; J-Eagloski
* Thornhill, from Logan County, purchased a 2006 Georgetown Forest River RV from Burdette on March 8, 2007, for $87,777. The contract said it was a 2007 model. Dealer also said the RV was in excellent condition, but Thornhill says he found numerous defects, including wiper malfunction, windows not locking properly, generator problems, air conditioning problems, water tank leaks, gas line problems, satellite TV not keeping signal, lighting problems, battery problems, hinge rusting, water pump problems, door latches not working, refrigerator not working, antenna loose, leveling problems, windshield leaks and toilet problems. He seeks to have the contract canceled and that a declaratory judgment be entered against Burdette; damages from Burdette and Forest River to compensate him for aggravation, embarrassment, loss of use, annoyance and inconvenience, consequential and incidental damages; damages or $200 for each violation of the West Virginia Consumer Credit and Protection Act; costs and attorney fees; compensatory damages; pre- and post-judgment interest and other relief.
Case number: 08-C-301
P.A. Schoen and C.F. Schoen vs. Lyndia Mae Sparacino
PA-R. Matthew Vital and Matthew R. Oliver; J-Spauldling
* The Schoens say Sparacino was negligent and careless when her 2006 Ford 500 hit P.A. Schoen in her 1999 Toyota Solaro CP on the Interstate 64 exit ramp at St. Albans in Putnam County on Sept. 17, 2006. P.A. Schoen says she suffered serious and severe injuries to her head, neck, back, body, limbs and was rendered sick, sore, lame and otherwise disabled. She says the injuries also caused or aggravated existing problems. She says she has had and will have medical bills and expenses for injuries. She also says she has and will have loss of earnings and earning capacity. The Schoens say Sparacino's insurance did not fully satisfy the claims. C.F. Schoen also claims loss of services, society and consortium of his wife. They seek compensatory damages, interests and costs.
Case number: 08-C-303
Jessica Southers, administratrix of the estate of Lora Stanley vs. Dudley Crawford M.D.
PA-Richard D. Lindsay, M.D.; J-Eagloski
* Southers says Crawford negligently and improperly prescribed medications that led to Stanley's death on Sept. 26, 2006. She says Crawford's actions were careless, reckless, willful and wanton with a reckless disregard of risk of harm to Stanley. Southers seeks compensatory and punitive damages, plus pre- and post-judgment interest, fees, costs and other relief.
Case number: 08-C-304
Richard Scott Thompson vs. Joseph Stewart and Gregory Stewart
* Thompson says he invested $12,000 in The Clubhouse Sports Pub for 6 percent of the profit from the pub and from the limited lottery machines inside. Payments were supposed to be paid on the 10th day of every month. He says he was to receive either 6 percent or a minimum of $1,000 per month. Since July 2007, when he was supposed to start receiving the checks, he's received only one check for $349. He seeks a return of his $12,000 investment, interest on money invested, $5,000 for stress and money for expenses.
Case number: 08-C-306
Suzette Morrison vs. American Roof Inc. and Dennis Layton
PA-Matthew S. Criswell and Mark L. French; J-Spaulding
* Morrison says she was sexually harassed by supervisor Layton while employed at American Roof and that she was subjected to a hostile working environment, which forced her to resign. She seeks an injunction against defendants, ordering them to cease and desist from their unlawful conduct, an injunction against American Roof ordering it to establish sexual harassment training, back pay including benefits, front pay including benefits, compensatory damages, out-of-pocket losses including medical expenses, punitive damages, pre- and post-judgment interest and court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 08-C-309
Anna Conn and Matthew Conn vs. Billy Ray Wright and Blackburn Pre-Owned Autos LLC
PA-Daniel L. Holstein; J-Spaulding
* Anna Conn was driving her 2000 Subaru when Wright, driving a vehicle owned by Blackburn, collided wit h her on Sept. 18, 2006, near Scott Depot. She says she suffered injuries, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, stress, impaired earning capacity, medical expenses and other damages. Her husband claims loss of consortium. They seek joint and several damages, court costs, attorney fees, pre- and post-judgment interest and other relief.
Case number: 08-C-311
Boyd McClure and Cheryl McClure vs. Ronnie Woodall, Ben Newhouse and the City of Hurricane, West Virginia
PA-Harold Albertson; J-Spaulding
* On Oct. 4, 2005, the defendants told the plaintiffs their development was not in compliance and that they intended to shut down further construction of homes in the subdivision. The McClure's say the defendants knew the project had been approved and in existence since 2001, but wrongfully ceased the operations. They also claim the defendants failed to properly apply the law of storm water management. They seek an order declaring the rights of the parties with respect to storm water management regulations, an order enjoining defendants from applying Article 936 to the subdivision, an order saying they are allowed to continue with the subdivision without complying with 936, compensatory and punitive damages and other relief.
Case number: 08-C-312