CHARLESTON -- Legal Aid of West Virginia is pleased to announce the hiring of 10 new attorneys in recent weeks, the largest addition of legal unit staff in over a decade.
The new hires -– including Clint Adams, Kelly Beck, Steve Conifer, Jodie Gardill, Richard Goldstein, Kenley Hanna, Elaine Nailing, Andrea Roberts, Peter Sherman and Melissa Wright -– work in a variety of program areas and offices across the state providing legal assistance to West Virginia's most vulnerable citizens.
* Clint Adams joins the LAWV Clarksburg office and will focus on general family law, including benefits, housing and consumer issues.
* Kelly Beck joins the LAWV Martinsburg office as the Supervising Attorney.
* Steve Conifer joins the Charleston office as the Public Interest Law Foundation fellow, focusing on housing issues.
* Jodie Gardill joins the LAWV Wheeling office, serving as the Associate Director of the Behavioral Health Advocacy Project.
* Richard Goldstein joins the LAWV Princeton office and will focus on issues specific to domestic violence.
* Kenley Hanna will work out of both the Charleston and Huntington LAWV offices, as a staff attorney to the Access to Legal Aid Services Project.
* Elaine Nailing joins the LAWV Beckley office and will focus on general family law, including domestic violence.
* Andrea Roberts joins the LAWV Elkins office and will focus on issues specific to domestic violence.
* Peter Sherman joins the LAWV Lewisburg office and will focus on general family law, including domestic violence.
* Melissa Wright joins LAWV as the Associate Director of the Long Term Care Ombudsman Program.