Judith Ann Johnson and Alan Johnson vs. Clayton Alford
PA-Stephanie D. Thacker; J-Hoke
* Johnson, a Lincoln County Commission administrator, seeks all damages "available by law" for allegedly being struck in the face by Alford as a political rally dispersed in October 2006 at Harts Middle School. Alford was a write-in candidate for sheriff. The complaint says Alford physically struck Mrs. Johnson in the face with his right hand during a "verbal dispute," and she was treated for injuries. Alford was arrested and charged with assault and battery. His attorney, Kit Thornton, answered by asking for a million dollars in damages for, among other things, bodily injuries when "illegally and tortuously harmed by the premeditated actions of Judy Johnson and her collaborators.
Case number: 08-C-121
Alicia Sue Linville, widow and administratix of the estate of Stephen D. Linville vs. Stephen W. Willis
PA-Herbert L. Lively II; J-Hoke
* Linville seeks compensatory and punitive damages against Willis, who is out of jail on bond and accused of shooting Linville fatally two times in the back in August 2008. Survivors include five of the victim's children. Willis seeks dismissal, saying he was attacked by Linville.
Case number: 08-C-125
William Valentine vs. Shawn Angel and Cosby Price
PA-Boyce Griffith; J-Hoke
* Valentine seeks $35,000 for landscape damage on his property off W.Va. 3 at Yawkey in November 2006. Angel allegedly operated a vehicle Price owned in a careless and negligent manner.
Case number: 08-C-126
Samuel L. Payne vs. Olive Hill Trucking Inc. and John Doe defendants 1-5
PA-Jason M. Spears; J-Hoke
* A tandem axle dump truck owned by Olive Hill delivering maintenance materials for a road improvement project allegedly backed into Payne's pickup. He seeks compensatory damages.
Case number: 08-C-130
Kelly G. Terry and Ricky S. Terry vs. Olive Hill Trucking Inc. and John Doe defendants 1-5
PA-Timothy L. Eves; J-Hoke
* A tandem axle dump truck owned by Olive Hill delivering maintenance materials for a road improvement project allegedly backed into a pickup. They seek compensatory damages.
Case number: 08-C-130