Ford Motor Credit LLC vs. Vincent C. McCoy
PA-Steven B. Mulrooney; J-Hoke
* Ford seeks to collect a balance of $10,813 it says McCoy owes from a $25,000 installment contract of September 2005 to purchase a new vehicle.
Case number: 09-C-22
Clear Fork Gas Co. vs. Conpetro Inc.
PA-Melissa M. Rounds; J-Hoke
* The Huntington-based plaintiff seeks compensatory damages for Conpetro's failure to develop oil and gas production and pay royalties on subleased property. Clear Fork also seeks to have its sublease with Conpetro terminated.
Case number: 09-C-23
Viking Video and Music Inc. vs. Mark Cantrell dba The Green Spot III
PA-Michael DelGuidice; J-Hoke
* The plaintiff, based in Logan, has leased video lottery machines to a Green Spot location in Lincoln County and seeks judgment of $10,300 to cover a bad check and unpaid leasing fees, plus pre- and post-judgment interests, attorney fees and court costs.
Case number: 09-C-24
Cavalry SPV I LLC vs. Retta Chaney
PA-Daniel T. Booth; J-Hoke
* The New York lender seeks almost $10,000 it says the Midkiff woman owes from a 2003 note and agreement.
Case number: 09-C-25
Beneficial West Virginia Inc. vs. Robin Toney and Benjamin Toney
PA-Teresa K. Fuchs; J-Hoke
* The Barboursville lender says the Harts couple owes $32,683 plus interest on a 2002 loan agreement.
Case number: 09-C-26
David Tackett vs. Coal River Mining LLC and Loadout LLC
PA-Pamela A. Lambert; J-Hoke
* The Harts Creek plaintiff says a large rock fell on him from the roof of the defendants' Fork Creek No. 1 underground mine near Alum Creek in April 2007. He alleges the coal companies had knowledge of the existence of the specific unsafe working condition, the risk and possiblility of serious injury or death.
Case number: 09-C-27
Pamela Toney, administratrix of the estate of Edward Wayne Toney vs. Carolyn Bell
PA-Bruce L. Freeman; J-Hoke
* In November 2008, a vehicular accident on W.Va. 10 killed Edward Wayne Toney when his motorcycle was hit by a vehicle driven by Bell. The plaintiff seeks damages.
Case number: 09-C-28