Victoria L. Powell vs. Melinda R. Knowlton and Melinda Somma
PA- Steven M. Recht; J- Gaughan
* On Apr. 27, 2007, Powell was driving south on W.Va. 2 on Main Street when her car was rear–ended by Knowlton. Numerous medical expenses have incurred in excess of $14,074.74. Somma is the owner of the vehicle and a party for which compensatory damages are sought.
Case number: 09-C-138
Donald R. Allenby vs. Family Dollar Stores of West Virginia Inc.
PA- Pro Se; J- Wilson
* Allenby was terminated from his employment on April 27, 2007 and says he was not paid wages until May 4, 2007. On Nov. 5, 2006, Allenby suffered a work related injury, filed a workers' compensation claim, and was approved. He claims his termination was unlawful and seeks compensatory damages.
Case number: 09-C-140
Carol Frasco vs. Wheeling Island Gaming Inc. dba Wheeling Island Hotel Casino Racetrack
PA- Pro Se; J- Gaughan
* The waitress station by the women's restroom located at One S. Stone Street caused Frasco to violently slip and fall. Defendant had knowledge of the existence of the dangerous and hazardous conditions. As direct and proximate result of the carelessness of April 27, 2007, compensatory damages are demanded.
Case number: 09-C-141
Kathy Willis, Robert Mark Willis, Kathy Willis, as Next of Friend of Cody Willis, and Cody Willis individually vs. Straub Honda, Honda North America, Inc. and American Honda Motor Co, Inc.
PA- Ronald W. Zavolta; J- Gaughan
* Traveling North on Route 88, on June 21, 2008, the frame stabilizer bar of a Honda Passport malfunctioned and broke. This caused Plaintiff Cody Willis, minor, to lose control of the vehicle and travel off the side of the roadway. Demands are made, jointly and severally, for compensatory damages.
Case number: 09-C-142
Ford Motor Credit Company LLC v. Christopher M. Criswell and John M. Criswell
PA – Ryan S. Marsteller; J- Gaughan
* It is claimed defendants owe $6,880.44, following repossession and sale of the collateral. Pursuant to contract, a deficiency judgment is demanded.
Case number: 09-C-143
Shari L. Shields vs. Alpha Financial Solutions Inc.
PA – Sandra K. Law; J- Gaughan
* Shields was terminated from her employment on March 6, 2009, and did not receive her check until March 11, 2009. She seek allowable damages.
Case number: 09-C-144
Guy A. Auteri vs. James R. Eberhard and Severstal Wheeling Inc. dba Wheeling–Pittsburg Steel Corporation
PA – Patrick S. Cassidy; Timothy F. Cogan; J- Mazzone
* Auteri was hired at Severstal's predecessor in May 1990. For a number of years prior to May 7, 2008, Auteri claims Eberhard bullied employees primarily due to nationality and religion; calling Catholics "fish eaters," and Italians "Dagos." As a result, he was responsible for a number of physical altercations with employees over the years. He was the subject of numerous complaints to management, including two from plaintiff. He was "sucker punching him," viciously biting him on his side. This ensuing altercation causing physical injuries. As a result of said hostile workplace, plaintiff temporarily lost his job and suffered lost wages
Case number: 09-C-145
Darlene Humphrey vs. Green Lance Inc. dba Burger King
PA – Ronald W. Zavolta; J- Recht
* While walking on the sidewalk at Burger King on Zane Street, Humphrey slip and fell. As direct and proximate cause of defendant's failure to barricade the hazardous pavement, Humphrey suffered injuries and damages for which compensatory damages are sought.
Case number: 09-C-146
Gregory J. Lauri vs. Kelly Jean Lauri, and United Bank Inc.
PA- William Cipriani; J- Wilson
* A declaratory judgment cause of action is claimed against United Bank and Lauri. During the course of her employment, the face value of certificates opening principal balances total $103.199.61. The plaintiff relied upon the oral representations that funds made by the individual defendant were represented by the certificates of deposit. He claims said funds were actually placed in deposit account at United. His reasonable belief was that said funds were authentic. As a direct and proximate result of the fraudulent acts of the dependant, Plaintiff demands judgment.
Case number: 09-C-148