Kanawha County Sheriff Michael Rutherford v. Bosley Rental and Supply
PA -- Mary Rich Malloy: J - Charles King
* The sheriff claims the defendant owes $29,544 in delinquent taxes from 2007 and 2008.
Case number: 09-C-866
Jaime Richards v. Verizon Communications and Verizon Employee Benefits Committee
PA -- John J. Polak: J - Louis Bloom
* The plaintiff, a former Verizon employee, claims the company has improperly denied to pay her long-term disability benefits.
Case number: 09-C-893
City of Charleston v. Thomas Weston King
PA -- Robin R. Louderback: Tod Kaufman
* The city claims King damaged a retaining wall on Porter Road on Feb. 13, 2008 while King was driving a U-Haul. The complaint says U-Haul's insurance paid out $10,000 for the damaged wall. The city says King owes the remainder of the cost -- $13,063.
Case number: 09-C-894
Joshua E. Lasure v. Sears Holdings Corp. dba K-Mart
PA -- Jeffrey V. Mehalic: J - Louis Bloom
* The plaintiff claims he was fired on March 18, 2009, as the manager of the Elkview K-Mart. He claims that the company failed to pay him a performance bonus plus compensation for vacation and personal days within 72 hours of his termination. He's seeking $92,066.
Case number: 09-C-902
Charleston Area Medical Center Federal Credit Union v. Kevin W. and Nita S. Schoolcraft
PA -- Charles R. Bailey: J - Tod Kaufman
* The plaintiff says it loaned the defandants $11,736 in April 2007 to buy a 2002 Jaguar from Smith Motor Company. The plaintiff says the defendants haven't made a payment on the loan for six months and is seeking the balance of $8,426.
Case number: 09-C-907
Joseph Hoylman v. C&O Motors, et al
PA -- Harry F. Bell: J - Paul Zakaib
* The plaintiff claims he was fired from a C&O dealership in retaliation for reporting the inappropriate behavior of a co-worker.
Case number: 09-C-908
West Virginia Rural Rehabilitation Corporation Trust Fund and state Department of Agriculture Commissioner Gus Douglass v. Brian Wamsley individually and d.b.a. BerryJam
PA -- Arden J. Curry II: J - Irene Berger
* The plaintiffs claim to have loaned the defendants $700 on Jan. 9, 2002 and the loan has gone unpaid and is in default.
Case number: 09-C-909
Dustin Martin v. West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources
PA -- Larry O. Ford: J - Charles King
* The plaintiff claims staff at the William R. Sharpe Jr. Hospital were negligent in not monitoring his condition, which compelled him to ingest foreign objects that had to be surgically removed.
Case number: 09-C-919
Verizon West Virginia v. Columbia Gas Transmission Corp.
PA -- Diana Leigh Johnson: J - Paul Zakaib
* The plaintiff claims the defendant on May 14, 2007, caused $8,889 worth of damage to buried telecommunication cables in Wetzel County during the installation of gas lines.
Case number: 09-C-921
Theodore Kennedy v. Charleston Area Medical Center
PA -- William Flanigan: J - Louis Bloom
* The plaintiff claims the hospital was negligent in not supervising while he was admitted to the hospital, allowing him to fall on the floor and suffer fractures.
Case number: 09-C-922
Lusk Hydraulic and Hose LLC v. Appalachian Premium Fuels
PA -- Harold B. Wolfe III: J - Louis bloom
* The plaintiff claims the defendant still owes more than $48,000 for materials it ordered for mines in Kanawha County.
Case number: 09-C-935
Charles N. Blankenship v. Lowe's Home Centers and Design Restorations LLC
PA -- Marvin Masters and April Ferrebee: J - Paul Zakaib
* The plaintiff claims the defendant companies are liable for a shoddy cabinet and countertop installation job at his home in Clay County in 2007.
Case number: 09-C-936
Educational Media Company at Virginia Tech v. Col. T.S. Pack and the West Virginia State Police
PA -- Mark J. Grigoraci: J - Irene Berger
* The plaintiff, which runs a student newspaper at the Blacksburg, Va. college, wants a judge to order the release of investigative documents related to the 1998 disappearance of a Virginia Tech student near Fayetteville.
Case number: 09-C-938