James J. Mann vs. Jeffrey A. Jones
PA - D. Michael Burke; J - Wilkes
* The plaintiff claims Jones was negligent and failed to stop at a traffic signal in downtown Martinsburg on June 2, 2007, striking the plaintiff's motorcycle and causing him severe and permanent injuries. Mann claims he has incurred more than $166,000 in medical and related expenses, and he is seeking an amount of relief to be determined.
Case number: 09-C-453
Lantz Construction Co. of Winchester Inc. vs. Jennifer Holtman d/b/a A1 Welding
PA - Thomas Moore Lawson; J - Groh
* The plaintiff claims the defendant breached a November 2007 contract by refusing to complete work, and also filed a notice of mechanic's lien against the plaintiff without basis and in violation of state code. The plaintiff is seeking $250,000 for damages related to the lien and $43,176 for damages related to the breach of contract.
Case number: 09-C-460
Darryl Palmer vs. 167th Federal Credit Union
PA - Pro se; J - Wilkes
* The plaintiff claims the bank violated his privacy rights by giving his banking information to a state trooper without a valid search warrant, and the information was used against him in a trial and conviction. Palmer is seeking $1 million in damages.
Case number: 09-C-462
Quarles Petroleum Inc. vs. Richard S. Barrett Sr., d/b/a Barretts Excavating & Hauling
PA - Nelson Michael; J - Wilkes
* The plaintiff claims the defendant defaulted on a credit agreement and now owes $33,115.05 plus fees, for a total of at least $44,153.29.
Case number: 09-C-468
State of West Virginia ex rel. Christopher M. Roof vs. Lewis Barlow, administrator of Eastern Regional Jail
PA - Steven Greenbaum; J - Wilkes
* The petitioner, who was arrested Dec. 13, 2008, has been incarcerated at Eastern Regional Jail since Dec. 14, 2008, and two terms of court have passed without Roof being indicted. He claims that state law prevents a person from being held more than six months without being indicted, and he is seeking an expedited hearing and immediate release from jail.
Case number: 09-C-474
Want to get notified whenever we write about
State of West Virginia
Next time we write about
State of West Virginia,
we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.
Sign-up for Alerts
Organizations in this Story
State of West Virginia