Judy's Locksmith's Inc. and Judith J. Ransom d/b/a Judy Alarm Masters vs. Secure U.S. Inc. and Serbian Fonz LLC
PA - Charles E. Hurt; J - Kaufman
* The plaintiffs are suing the defendants for filing to remit the balance due for purchase of the plaintiff's business sold on April 15, 2008. They are seeking judgment for $300,000 plus court costs, interests and attorney fees along with a court order that the contract be declared null and void.
Case number: 09-C-1619
Tavia Frankin vs. Wendy's International Inc. and Jesse Sellar
PA - William H. Harding; J - Kaufman
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for injuries she sustained when Sellar, as manager of the Wendy's in Jefferson, stuck the glass window at the drive-thru causing Frankin to be showered with shattered glass. She is seeking unspecified damages, court costs, attorney fees and interest.
Case number: 09-C-1620
State of West Virginia ex. rel. Darrell V. McGraw Jr. vs. Belcorp. of America d/b/a Phoenix Industria e Comercia de Tobacos Ltda.
PA - John S. Dalporto; J - King
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for failing to fund a qualified escrow account to sell cigarettes in West Virginia during 2008. It is seeking a court order requiring the defendant to place $815,230.24 in a qualified account within 15 days of judgment, and assess penalties for $2,445,690.72, if the court finds the defendant violated the law. It is also seeking attorney fees and interest.
Case number: 09-C-1622
Glen and Pamela Addis vs. Intrawest Corp. Intrawest Resorts, Intrawest Snowshoe Development Inc., Snowshoe Mountain Resort Inc. and John Doe Corp.
PA - John F. McCuskey; J - Zakaib
* The plaintiffs are suing the defendants for injuries they sustained while skiing on Snowshoe Mountain on Jan. 24. They are seeking unspecified damages, court costs and interest.
Case number: 09-C-1623
Gregory Arrington Jr. vs. Lightning Contract Services Inc., Trinity Coal Corp. and Leon Burgess
PA - Greg A. Hewitt; J - Berger
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for wrongful termination after he was fired on March 24 for reporting to company officials racial slurs Burgess made about Marques LeVarr Strothor, an African-American employee. He is seeking unspecified damages.
Case number: 09-C-1624
ERA Automotive Repair LLC d/b/a Elk River Automotive and Gary W. Pauley II vs. Leasesource Inc.; Northern Leasing Systems Inc.; Prodigy Payment Systems LLC and Dale Burger
PA - Harry Bell Jr.; J - Berger
* The plaintiffs are suing the defendants for inducing them to switch credit card servers, which later proved to be defective. The defendants continued to seek lease payments from the plaintiffs after cancellation of the service, and reported the arrearage to a credit bureau. Along with unspecified damages, attorney fees and court costs, the plaintiffs are seeking class-action certification for the lawsuit.
Case number: 09-C-1626
Marques LeVarr Strothor vs. Lightning Contract Services Inc., Trinity Coal Corp. and Leon Burgess
PA - Greg A. Hewitt; J - Berger
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for racial discrimination after racial slurs Burgess made about Strothor. He also is asserting a claim against the defendants for failing to remit his final paycheck within 72 hours of leaving the defendant's employ.
Case number: 09-C-1627
Larry Long vs. Bayer Material Science LLC; Bayer CropScience LP and Roseanna J. Keller
PA - Patrick S. Cassidy; J - Berger
* The plaintiff, a resident of New Martinsville, is suing the defendants for age discrimination and wrongful termination after he was fired on April 3 for lodging complaints of being passed over for promotions in favor of younger employees. He is seeking unspecified damages, including reinstatement with back and front pay, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 09-C-1628
Marilynn Eidsole, as administratrix of the estate of Dominick Michael Uslin, vs. Dorel Juvenile Corp.; Kmart Holding Corp.; Sears Holding Corp. and Emily Westerman
PA - Marvin Masters; J - King
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for failure of a child safety seat Dorel manufactured , and sold via Sears and Kmart to Westerman, to restrain Dominick when the car Westerman was driving on Interstate 64 in Carter County, Ky., on Jan. 30 rolled causing Dominick to be ejected. She is seeking unspecified damages, courts costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 09-C-1632
Michelle Kerns vs. the West Virginia Regional Jail and Correctional Facility Authority and Correctional Officers Donahue, Smith and Doe
PA - Paul M. Strobel; J - Berger
*The plaintiff is suing the defendants for placing two males with her in the yard at the South Central Regional Jail in South Charleston on Sept. 2, 2007 who raped her. She is seeking unspecified damages.
Case number: 09-C-1633
Shirley F. Dennison vs. the West Virginia Regional Jail and Correctional Facility Authority; Terry Miller, WVRJCFA executive director, and Shannon Markle, Central Regional Jail administrator
PA - John R. Mitchell; J - Kaufman
*The plaintiff is suing the defendants for injuries she sustained on Sept. 4, 2007 when she fell to the ground and fractured her arm after exiting a top bunk. She is seeking unspecified damages, interest and court costs.
Case number: 09-C-1636
Gary Seckman, executor of the estate of William F. Seckman, vs. the Charleston Police Department
PA - Michael Del Giudice; J - Stucky
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for return of 12 rifles and shotguns that were seized from Warren F. Seckman following his arrest on April 10 on charges of felon in possession of a firearm and domestic battery, which were dismissed on July 28. The firearms seized were not the property of Warren's, but that of the estate of William, who died on Dec. 5.
Case number: 09-C-1641