Carla V. Yoho vs. Jarrett A. Blake and Dennis M. Blake
PA- Rodney T. Berry; J- Karl
* Plaintiff sustained injuries as a direct and proximate result of a collision on Middle Grave Creek Road. An abrupt left turn onto Campbell Hill caused the right front passenger side of Yoho's to be struck. Medical expenses and loss of income are claimed and compensation is sought.
Case number: 09-C-198
Mound City, Inc. vs. David F. Thompson and Marcia J. Thompson
PA- Paul J. Harris; J- Hummel
* Petitioner is the owner of Rock Tavern and Marts Diner in Cameron. Respondents have failed to pay the taxes for the past three (3) years, and one parcel is scheduled to be sold by the Marshall County Sheriff in November 2009. Immediate possession is requested from the Court.
Case number: 09-C-201
Allen C. Calvert vs. James Spencer, Administrator Northern Regional Jail, John King, Chief of Operations West Virginia Regional Jail, Melissa Richmond, Counselor Northern Regional Jail, Delbert Grimm, CPL. Northern Regional Jail, et. al.
PA- Pro Se; J- Karl
* Petitioner moves for a Writ of Mandamus to enforce and establish the right to be free of harm, sexual assault, or attempting to force another person to submit to or perform any sexual act. Calvert says he was assaulted by two other inmates at the end of July or the beginning of August 2009.
Case number: 09-C-202
Frances V. Rayl vs. Paula J. "Beanie" Smith, Virginia Loranger, Blake Brothers Post No. 46, Inc., Blake Brothers Post Number 46, American Legion Home Corporation
PA- Natalie J. Sal; Olivia S. Harris DeVall; J- Karl
* An assault and battery occurred, on October 2, 2007, when Rayl said she was grabbed around the neck and lifted off the ground in the bar area. Plaintiff claims Loranger breached her duty of reasonable care owed Rayl by not intervening, stopping, or calling law enforcement during the incident. The personal injuries suffered are said to be ongoing requiring medical treatment.
Case number: 09-C-204
Rocci Wade vs. Tommy Jackson and Victor and Donna Wade
PA- David C. White; J- Hummel
* Plaintiff Wade's dog was attacked by the dog owned by Victor Wade, on October 4, 2007. At this time Plaintiff Wade says he was also viciously attacked. Jackson is said to have knowingly permitted their tenants to house a dog that had displayed prior unsafe and dangerous behavior. Compensatory damages for medical expenses, pain, and suffering is sought.
Case number: 09-C-205
Michael Balloter, et al. vs. Kellogg, Brown & Root Services, Inc., KBR Technical Services, Inc., and unknown John Doe defendants
PA- Jeffrey V. Kessler; Joseph A. Yanny; J- Karl
* In 2003, after combat operations ceased in southern Iraq, defendants were engaged by the US government to complete the restoration of the Qarmat Ali water plant. US Military troops and personnel were deployed and assigned to provide security for the civilian employees performing repairs. The facility pumps water down into the Iraqi oil wells for more consistent oil flow. The Guardsmen deployed were exposed to the anti- corrosive toxic chemical sodium dichromate containing nearly pure hexavalent chromium. The Guardsmen have manifested significant adverse health conditions, including, respiratory system tumors, auto- immune disorders, and digestive disorders. Compensatory, punitive, and exemplary judgment is demanded by each plaintiff,.
Case number: 09-C-206
Dana P. Barrick vs. Bayer Corporation, an Indiana corporation, et al.
PA- John H. Skaggs; J- Hummel
* Barrick claims Bayer purposefully exposed him to TDI vapor or fumes at a volume which he could not protect himself in his assigned work area. Compensatory and punitive damages are sought against the intentional and reckless conduct.
Case number: 09-C-213