State of West Virginia, General Services Division vs. Shelly Sands Inc.
P.A. - Barbara Allen; J - Reed
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for damages caused to property they own on 5th and Avery Streets when in Oct. 2007, rainwater entered the building after renovations the defendant made to the sidewalk left the substrata exposed. They are seeking damages of $141,000 plus court costs and interest.
Case number: 09-C-539
Huntington National Bank vs. Reclamax LLC and GWP Industries Inc
P.A. - Donald J. Epperly; J - Beane
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for defaulting on a $500,000 loan made to them on Jan. 14. They are seeking judgment in the amount of the unpaid portion - $484,244.87 - plus interest and court costs.
Case number: 09-C-541
Angela D. Litton vs. Alcan Rolled Products-Ravenswood Aluminum LLC, Everett King and David Kennedy
P.A. - Walt Auvil; J - Reed
* The plaintiff, a Cottageville resident, is suing the defendants for wrongful termination following elimination of her job in May after she took time off from work to recuperate from the latest in a series of eye surgeries for diabetes. She is seeking unspecified damages, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 09-C-542
Regina L. Montgomery vs. Open Window Enterprises Inc. d/b/a Subway
P.A. - David Goldenberg; J - Waters
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for injuries she sustained on April 27, 2008, after falling on a wet floor at the defendant's location on Emerson Ave. in Parkersburg. She is seeking unspecified damages, court costs and interest.
Case number: 09-C-543
Web Management Inc. d/b/a The Marlinton Motor Inn vs. Sparkle Pool Co. Inc., Garber Concrete Work, Moore's Ready Mix, M & M Concrete Pumping, Horizon Spa and Pool Parts Inc., Emsco Distributors, Family Fun Corp. and Scottsdale Insurance Company
P.A. - William B. Summers; J - Waters
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for failing to properly install a pool at the defendant's location in Marlinton. They are seeking damages of $500,000 plus interest and attorney fees.
Case number: 09-C-557
David F. and Shirley H. Finch vs. Brian and Angela Richardson and InspecTech
P.A. - George Cosenza; J - Beane
* The plaintiffs are suing the defendants for selling them a home on Aug. 19 with structural defects. They are seeking unspecified damages, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 09-C-561
Want to get notified whenever we write about
State of West Virginia
Next time we write about
State of West Virginia,
we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.
Sign-up for Alerts
Organizations in this Story
State of West Virginia