HUNTINGTON -- The West Virginia attorneys of Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough have moved into a new location to allow for the eventual expansion of the law firm's services in the Tri-State area covering West Virginia and parts of Kentucky and Ohio.
The attorneys moved into Suite 200 at 949 Third Ave. Their main phone number -- 304-526-3500 will remain the same.
"The move will increase our space and provide a more convenient and inviting location for clients," said West Virginia Managing Partner Marc Williams. "The relocation also shows Nelson Mullins' commitment to this community and its desire to grow our practice here to better serve our clients."
Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough opened the Huntington office, its 12th location and the first in West Virginia, on Dec. 1. It was the second new city for the firm since January 2009.
Partners in the firm are:
* Mr. Williams, whose practice includes extensive experience in the trial and appellate levels of class actions and commercial litigation;
* Robert L. Massie, who has more than 17 years experience handling some the largest and most complex litigation in West Virginia;
* Melissa Foster Bird, who has an extensive background and an unprecedented record of success trying complex cases for railroads, trucking companies, chemical companies, and other manufacturers and retailers and convenience stores, in some of the most difficult venues in the nation; and
* Robert M. Sellards, who has considerable experience practicing in the areas of medical malpractice, healthcare law, insurance bad faith, and product liability.
Two associates also have joined the Firm since its opening:
* Ryan Q. Ashworth, who focuses on medical professional liability defense, transportation law and the defense of catastrophic injury cases; and
* Randall L. Saunders, whose practice focuses on civil litigation. He has successfully litigated matters for multiple clients in West Virginia, Kentucky, Maryland, and Ohio.
Nelson Mullins has more than 400 attorneys and government relations professionals firmwide practicing in more than 50 areas of law. It is the nation's 139th largest law firm in gross revenue, according to research conducted by The American Lawyer. Litigation is Nelson Mullins' largest practice area, representing 55 percent of the Firm's total practice.
In addition to Atlanta, Boston, Tallahassee, West Virginia, and Washington, Nelson Mullins has seven offices in the Carolinas. It was established in 1897. For more information, visit www.nelsonmullins.com.