William O. Jordan vs. W&R Corporation
PA- Walter S. Shepherd III; J- Charles King
* Jordan went to the defendant's location on April 10. He claims he entrusted his Visa card to an employee of the defendant and also provided his PIN number to the employee at his request for the intended purpose of establishing a credit for services to be rendered up to $500. He claims the employee placed $2,020.50 in charges on his card in five separate transactions. He is seeking judgment in the amount of $2,020.50.
Case number: 10-C-1248
Clarence W. Critchfield vs. Conaway Leasing, Inc.
PA- Walton S. Shepherd III; J- James Stucky
* Critchfield was employed by the defendant and on Aug. 1, 2009, when he entered the premises, he stepped down a single step from the outer office into the garage portion of the business and tripped and fell onto the concrete floor of the garage. He is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 10-C-1250
Kim Withrow vs. Sedwick Claims Management Services, Inc.
PA- J. Michael Ranson, Cynthia M. Ranson; J- Louis Bloom
* Withrow was employed by the defendant from Nov. 7, 2007, until May 2010. She claims the defendant required employees to work anywhere from eight to 36 hours a week of overtime without any payment. She is seeking judgment for an amount equal to loss of all wages with interest and liquidated damages.
Case number: 10-C-1252
Rhonda Simpson vs. Lonnie Newhouse, individually and in his official capacity as a correctional officer of the Southern Regional Jail; C.O. Manning, individually and in his official capacity as a correctional officer of the Southern Regional Jail; Christopher Dameron, individually and in his official capacity as a correctional officer of the Southern Regional Jail; the West Virginia Regional Jail and Correctional Facility Authority, a corporate body and governmental instrumentality; and John Doe, unknown person or persons
PA- Matthew J. Woelfel; J- James Stucky
* Simpson claims the defendants sexually harassed and abused her during her incarceration. She is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 10-C-1273
Comdata vs. Mountaineer Expedite, LLC
PA- Clinton W. Smith; J- Tod J. Kaufman
* Comdata provided goods, funds or services to the defendant in the amount of $13,621.14. The company claims Mountaineer Expedite has not paid for the goods, funds or services. It is seeking judgment in the amount of $13,612.14 with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 10-C-1280
Deshawna Carter vs. McDonald's Restaurants of West Virginia, Inc., a West Virginia corporation; and Pam Turner, an individual
PA- Pamela A. Lambert; J- Charles King
* On July 23, 2008, Carter was a customer at the South Charleston McDonald's location when she slipped on the wet floor and fell to the ground. Carter claims the floor had been recently mopped and remained wet and that the defendants failed to warn customers of the wet floor. She is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 10-C-1281