Michael A. McCarthy and Sharon McCarthy vs. Northern Panhandle Pipe & Supply Inc.
PA- Robert P. Fitzsimmons; J- Mazzone
* Plaintiff was working as a counter salesman, on Jan. 19, 2009, when a water line in the office bathroom had become frozen. He fell from a 20 foot extension ladder and was impaled in his groin region by a piece of pipe anchored in the ground. His has incurred medical care expenses in excess of $155,599.77.
Case number: 10-C-312
Discover Bank vs. Robert B. Lewicki
PA- Andrew S. Lerner; J- Wilson
* Despite repeated demands for repayment of his unjust enrichment, a credit balance of $9,754.83 still remains.
Case number: 10-C-318
Robin Dawson vs. Wheeling Island Gaming, Inc., d/b/a Wheeling Island Hotel Casino Racetrack
PA- Jacob M. Robinson; J- Recht
* Plaintiff says she was consistently subjected to discrimination based upon her race after she complained to Wheeling Island's Human Resource Department that three African- American employees were being paid less than their other co-workers with similar experience. Injuries are claimed for her wrongful discharge on Sept. 9, 2008.
Case number: 10-C-320
Ronald D. Reed Sr., Mount Olive Correctional Complex vs. David Ballard, Warden
PA- Pro Se; J- Mazzone
* Petitioner files for a writ of habeas corpus for the sentence he received ranging from 385– 875 years for 66 counts of sexual abuse, assault and incest. All convictions are affirmed in State v. Reed, 674 S.S.2d 18 (February 5, 2009).
Case number: 10-C-321
Ohio Valley Aviation Sales Inc. vs. William F. Tylka
PA- Thomas E. McIntire; J- Gaughan
* Defendant, a resident of Illinois, agreed to pay $11,560.03 for the painting of his aircraft. He failed to make payments pursuant to the agreement and this amount is demanded.
Case number: 10-C-322