Teresa Burkhart, personal representative of the estate of L.B., vs. Dr. Eric Robert Glass and Salutis Emergency Specialists PLLC
PA - D. Michael Burke; J - Wilkes
* The plaintiff claims the defendants were negligent and failed to properly evaluate, treat and care for the Burkhart's teenage son, who is listed as L.B. in court records, leading to his death on Dec. 13, 2008, on his 17th birthday. He died of an acute brain stem and spinal cord subarachnoid hemorrhage, which the Glass failed to properly diagnose. The plaintiff is seeking an undetermined amount of relief.
Case number: 10-C-1012
BB&T Financial FSB vs. Dwayne Wean
PA - Christopher Moore; J - Groh
* The plaintiff claims Wean owes at least $35,127.16 plus interest after defaulting on the terms of a loan agreement from May 16, 2007, and after foreclosure-sale proceeds were applied to the debt.
Case number: 10-C-1019
State Farm Lloyd's Insurance Co. vs. Better Homes Contracting Inc.
PA - R. Stephen Jarrell; J - Silver
* The plaintiff, a subrogee for James E. Chancey, claims the defendant owes at least $32,606.33 in damages after failing to properly install a plastic water supply line in the bathroom of Chancey's home, causing water damage to the bathroom and a bedroom when the line split on Feb. 5, 2009.
Case number: 10-C-1023
U.S. Door & Building Components LLC vs. Storage Solutions LLC
PA - Jonathan Wertman; J - Wilkes
* The plaintiff was awarded judgment against Storage Solutions for $181,477, plus $54,592.25 interest and $45,000 in attorney's fees, in a Sept. 20, 2010, order from the Circuit Court in Frederick County, Md. The notice of filing of a foreign judgment was filed in Berkeley County Circuit Court.
Case number: 10-C-1024
Tina Renee Hilliard, individually and as administrator for the estate of Patsy Renwick, vs. Dr. Michael M. Rezaian and Walgreen Co., d/b/a Walgreens
PA - Stephen Skinner; J - Groh
* The plaintiff claims the defendants were grossly negligent and failed to detect fatal drug interaction, causing her mother's death on Dec. 19, 2008. She died of complications from her prescribed medications, including multiple quantities of powerful opioid medications Oxycontin, Oxycodone and Percocet, as well as muscle relaxants and sedatives. The plaintiff is seeking an undetermined amount of relief.
Case number: 10-C-1031