HUNTINGTON -- A woman is suing Uptowner Inns, Inc. after she claims they are responsible for her father's death.

On Feb. 3, 2010, Robert E. Hudnell Jr., who was employed by the defendant, was exposed to ammonium biofluoride, hydrofluoric acid, sulfuric acid, phosphoric acid and other chemicals or toxic substances while working at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, according to a complaint filed July 12 in Cabell Circuit Court.

Donna Redding claims Uptowner Inns was negligence and careless and breached its duty of ordinary care and caused Hudnell to become seriously ill and die on Feb. 12, 2010.

The defendant failed to provide Hudnell with a reasonably safe place to work, according to the suit.

Redding claims the defendant failed to ensure a fit test for protective equipment to prevent damage or contamination and failed to provide employees with training on the use of protective equipment, including respirators.

The defendant also had actual knowledge of the specific unsafe working conditions and the high degree of risk and strong probability of serious injury or death presented by the unsafe working condition, according to the suit.

Redding is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest. She is being represented by Bert Ketchum.

The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge F. Jane Hustead.

Cabell Circuit Court case number: 11-C-498

More News