Couple sues Hood Realty for carbon monoxide poisoning

By Kyla Asbury | Aug 17, 2011

HUNTINGTON -- A couple is suing Hood Realty Co. after they were exposed to dangerous levels of carbon monoxide from a defective water heater leaking carbon monoxide.

On Aug. 15, 2008, Katherine L. Mohn and Michael D. Lowe executed and entered an apartment lease agreement with the defendant on a month-to-month basis, according to a complaint filed July 15 in Cabell Circuit Court.

The plaintiffs claim on April 3, 2010, they were exposed to dangerous levels of carbon monoxide from a defective water heater leaking carbon monoxide.

The defendant negligently, carelessly and failed to provide adequate detectors; failed to maintain the detectors and water water; and failed to maintain the rental property in a manner to ensure the safety of the apartment's occupants, according to the suit.

The plaintiffs are seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest. They are being represented by Jon D. Hoover.

The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge David M. Pancake.

Cabell Circuit Court case number: 11-C-510

More News

The Record Network