Phillip Belcher vs. TME Enterprises, LLC and Jackson Hewitt, Inc.
PA- Robert B. Warner, Lynnette Simon Marshall; J- Louis H. Bloom
* On Nov. 24, 2010, Belcher was working as an employee of TME at its Jackson Hewitt Tax Services Office in Charleston and was walking through the common area of the multiple work stations to answer a ringing telephone line that could not be answered from his work station when he tripped over exposed computer wires stretched across the walkway and fell. Belcher is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-446
Charlotte L. Smith vs. James D. Lowe and Cunningham Energy, LLC
PA- Robert V. Berthold III, Robert V. Berthold Jr.; J- Louis H. Bloom
* On March 10, 2011, Smith was exiting Kroger and proceeding through the parking lot when Lowe, who was employed by Cunningham, struck her with his vehicle. Smith is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-461
Michael Chapman vs. Continental Surfaces of Charleston, LLC and Home Depot U.S.A., Inc.
PA- Robert B. Warner, Tammy Bowles Raines; J- Carrie Webster
* On April 9, 2010, Chapman was installing granite countertops at a home in Ohio for the defendants when he was injured. Chapman is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-467
Leonard Randy Meador vs. Brandon Dobert; Pour House Sports Bar, Inc.; and Penn American Insurance Company
PA- Kristopher Faerber; J- Louis H. Bloom
* On March 28, 2010, Meador was a patron at the sports bar when Dobert, a bouncer at the bar, negligently, carelessly and unlawfully struck him. Meador is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-479
Jonathan Shaffer vs. Wilson Preferred Services, Inc.
PA- J. Michael Ranson, Cynthia M. Ranson, George B. Morrone III; J- Carrie Webster
* Shaffer was employed by the defendant from Aug. 5, 2010, until Aug. 15, 2011. He claims the defendant failed to pay his final wages within 72 hours of discharge. Shaffer is seeking compensatory and liquidated damages.
Case number: 12-C-485