Jackie Lee Broyles and Mary Francis Bishop vs. John Russell, individually and as an agent of United American Insurance Company; Russell Insurance Services LLC; and Motorists Life Insurance Company, individually and as principal of John Russell
PA- Christopher J. Heavens; J- Tod J. Kaufman
* The defendants sold insurance to Broyles and Bishop and committed errors, omissions and/or acts of negligence that caused economic and emotional harm to the plaintiffs, the suit says. Broyles and Bishop are seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-932, 13-C-939
Tommy D. Clay vs. West Virginia American Water Company
PA- John W. Alderman III; J- Louis H. Bloom
* Clay claims the defendant failed to properly maintain its water lines and caused him property damage. Clay is seeking compensatory damages with pre-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-934
Kathy Mitchell vs. Ronnie Joe Lusk and X Trucking Company LLC
PA- R. Michael Martin; J- James C. Stucky
* On May 13, 2011, Mitchell was a passenger in a vehicle when Lusk, who was operating a 2007 International Rhodes Truck and was acting within the scope of his employment at X Trucking, collided with Mitchell's vehicle, the suit says. Mitchell is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-947
Kimberly Rhodes vs. Rio Grande Restaurant
PA- pro se; J- James C. Stucky
* On May 14, 2011, Rhodes was a patron at the defendant's restaurant when she slipped in the restroom and landed on her left hip, she says. Rhodes is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-952
Kristin M. Holstein and Brian E. Holstein vs. Kanawha Valley Regional Transportation Authority
PA- Jonathan R. Mani; J- Charles E. King
* On Feb. 11, 2012, Kristin Holstein was driving a 2004 Hyundai Elantra on Hull Avenue near the intersection with U.S. 60 in Cedar Grove when a KRT bus crossed left-of-center on Hull Avenue into her lane of travel and struck the vehicle head-on, she says. The Holsteins are seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 13-C-955
Phyllis J. Gibson vs. the City of Charleston, W.Va.
PA- G. Patrick Jacobs; J- Charles E. King
* On May 21, 2011, Gibson was attending an event located at the Municipal Auditorium in Charleston and was walking down the basement stairs when she fell, she says. Gibson is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-957