Edward Morton, as power of attorney for Loretta Morton vs. Beverly Enterprises-West Virginia Inc. d/b/a Golden Living Center-Glasgow; Beverly Enterprises Inc.; Beverly Health & Rehabilitation Services Inc.; GGNSC Glasgow LLC; GGNSC Clinical Services LLC; and Golden Gate National Senior Care LLC
PA- Andrew L. Paternostro, Sprague W. Hazard, Jeff D. Stewart; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* Edward Morton claims the defendants are responsible for nursing home abuse Loretta Morton suffered. Edward Morton is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 13-C-676
Candace Smith and Alisha Quickle vs. WV Durable Medical Equipment Co. LLC; Gregory Amendolea; and James Christopher Pallotta
PA- Stephen E. Hastings, Raj A. Shah, Crystal Hawkins Castleberry; J- Carrie Webster, James C. Stucky
* Smith and Quickle were employed by WV Durable until their employments were terminated on July 13, 2011, and June 18, 2011. The plaintiffs claim Amendolea used sexually suggestive, inappropriate, vulgar and/or abusive verbal language toward them. They claim their employments were terminated in retaliation for complaining about Amendolea's behavior. Smith and Quickle are seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 13-C-859, 13-C-860
Christina D. White vs. 1000 Lincoln Drive Operations LLC d/b/a Valley Center-Genesis Healthcare
PA- Todd S. Bailess, Joy B. Mega; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* White was a Certified Nursing Assistant with the defendant until May 24, 2012. White claims the defendant failed to pay her final wages within 72 hours of discharge. White is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-861
Ronald Newsome and Patsy Newsome, his wife vs. 3M Company; A.W. Chesterton Company; Brand Insulations Inc.; et al
PA- James A. McKowen; J- visiting
* The Newsomes claim the 42 defendants caused Ronald Newsome's asbestosis and pleural plaques. They are seeking a jury trial to resolve all issues involved.
Case number: 13-C-916
Michael D. McDermott vs. Synergetic Communications Inc.
PA- Daniel F. Hedges; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* On Aug. 29, Synergetic sent McDermott a collection letter claiming he owed $26,699.19 to United Guaranty. On Jan. 31, McDermott sent the defendant a certified letter, requesting information regarding how they had calculated the amount due, a detailed account record of the loan and requesting that they supply him with the name of the holder of the loan. He claims the defendant has not responded to the request. McDermott is seeking actual damages and civil penalties.
Case number: 13-C-926
Rhonda L. Jacobs vs. J.S. Breeden Builders Inc. and Design Roofing LLC
PA- G. Patrick Jacobs; J- Charles E. King
* Jacobs contracted with J.S. Breeden in May 2011 to replace the old roof and install a new roof on her residence. Jacobs claims J.S. Breeden subcontracted with Design Roofing to perform the roof replacement and the defendants started and completed the work in May 2011. Thereafter, the roof began to leak. Jacobs is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 13-C-958
Kimberly Shirkey vs. Liberty Mutual Fire Insurance Company and Liberty Mutual Insurance Company
PA- Paul M. Stroebel; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* Shirkey has submitted bills and records for medical expenses exceeding the amount of the medical payments coverage and the defendants have refused to pay the bills. Shirkey is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 13-C-959
James M. Copley vs. West Virginia Department of Transportation-Division of Highways
PA- Robert D. Cline Jr., Robert A. Campbell, Letisha R. Bika; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* On July 5, 2011, Copley was an operator of a motor vehicle traveling eastbound on W.Va. 47 in Parkersburg when a vehicle driven by Caleb Bourgeois and owned by the defendant caused a collision, the suit says. Copley is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-960
Shelby Johnson, individually and on behalf of those similarly situated vs. Wal-mart Stores Inc. d/b/a Wal-mart Discount Stores, Wal-mart Supercenters and Sam's Club Stores
PA- Todd S. Bailess, Joy B. Mega, Rodney A. Smith, Jonathan R. Marshall; J- Carrie Webster
* Johnson claims the defendant failed to pay her final wages in a timely manner. Johnson is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-961
Kevin D. Myers vs. the City of Charleston
PA- Jeffrey T. Jones; J- Jennifer Bailey
* On April 17, 2012, Myers was operating a vehicle on Washington Street in Kanawha County when Ronald Adams, who was an employee of the City of Charleston, drove in a reckless, negligent and careless fashion and caused a collision, the suit says. Myers is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-967