Jeffrey Lewis vs. The West Virginia Division of Highways
PA- Harry F. Bell Jr., Jonathan W. Price; J- Louis H. Bloom
* On June 21, 2011, Lewis was riding his bicycle across land owned by the defendant when he struck a deep hole concealed by weeds and grass that had overgrown around the hole, the suit says. Lewis is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-1335
Charles J. Mullens and Kelly L. Mullens vs. Charleston Newspaper Holdings LP; Daily Gazette Company; Angela R. Boyd; and David K. Boyd
PA- Bernard E. Layne III; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* On Aug. 1, 2011, the plaintiffs were lawfully traveling east on Pond Branch Road in Mason County when they encountered Angela Boyd, who had lost control of her vehicle, crossed the center line and collided with the Mullens’ vehicle, the suit says. The plaintiffs are seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 13-C-1339
Pamela Shinault vs. W. Jarrod Chapman, D.O.; and Living Well Medical Center PLLC
PA- J. Michael Ranson, Cynthia M. Ranson, G. Patrick Jacobs; J- Jennifer Bailey
* On July 22, 2011, Shinault says she attended an Open House at Living Well and underwent four chemical peels in and around her neck. She claims Chapman prescribed an immediate laser treatment, which she agreed to, but afterward was given no aftercare instructions. After the laser treatment and until June 2012, she continued to see the defendants for neck problems caused by the laser treatment, the suit says. Shinault is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 13-C-1346
Joel M. Querry vs. ABM Janitorial Services-Mid Atlantic Inc.
PA- Todd S. Bailess, Joy B. Mega; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* Querry was employed by the defendant as a cleaner until May 29. He claims the defendant failed to pay his final wages in a timely manner.
Case number: 13-C-1348
Brittany N. Pauley, individually and on behalf of similarly situated individuals vs. Herbert J. Thomas Memorial Hospital Association d/b/a Thomas Memorial Hospital
PA- Todd S. Bailess, Joy B. Mega, Rodney A. Smith, Jonathan R. Marshall; J- Tod J. Kaufman
* Pauley was employed by the defendant until May 1, 2012. She claims the defendant failed to timely pay her final wages. Pauley is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-1350
Lance Presley vs. Providence Enterprises LLC
PA- Todd S. Bailess, Joy B. Mega; J- Louis H. Bloom
* Presley was employed as a truck driver for the defendant until March 15, 2012. He claims he did not receive his final wages in a timely manner. Presley is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-1353
Chastity R. Crihfield vs. Casto Technical Services Inc.
PA- Walt Auvil; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* Crihfield was employed by Casto from October 2002 until Dec. 11. She claims she was sexually harassed during her employment. Crihfield is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 13-C-1360
Lorrie Dworsky vs. Macy's Retail Holdings Inc. d/b/a Macy's; Macy's West Virginia LLC; and Karen Abramowicz-Gross
PA- Matthew S. Criswell, Mark L. French, Steven M. Condaras; J- Carrie Webster
* Dworsky was employed by the defendants from May 2006 until May 5. She claims she was discriminated against because of her disability. Dworsky is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-1366
Myra Parsley vs. General Anesthesia Services Inc.
PA- D. Christopher Hedges, David L. Grubb; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* Parley claims she was subjected to sexual harassment during her employment and was discriminated against based on her sex. Parsley claims the defendant violated the West Virginia Human Rights Act. Parsley is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-1398
Cynthia Coleman vs. Volkswagen of America Inc.
PA- Anthony M. Salvatore; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* On March 27, 2010, Coleman purchased a used 2008 Volkswagen Eos. She claims the vehicle was defective. Coleman is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 13-C-1407
Timothy Ray Starkey and Ginny Lyn Starkey vs. Ananthan Krishnathas, M.D.
PA- Michael J. Del Giudice; J- Charles E. King
* On July 30, 2011, Timothy Starkey was admitted to St. Francis Hospital and remained under the defendant's care, the suit says. The Starkeys claim Krishnathas failed to properly diagnose and treat a large epidural abscess that was pressing against his spinal cord. The Starkeys are seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-1408