Woman blames DISH Network for house fire

By From staff reports | Oct 20, 2017

CLARKSBURG – A woman is suing DISH Network after she claims improperly installed equipment caused her home to catch fire.

CLARKSBURG – A woman is suing DISH Network after she claims improperly installed equipment caused her home to catch fire.

Lori Stout had previously used the services of DISH in regard to television service to her home, according to a complaint filed Aug. 28 in Doddridge Circuit Court and removed to federal court on Sept. 28.

Stout claims DISH improperly installed the system and created an unsafe and dangerous situation and knew or should have known about the uncertain and dangerous situation that existed but failed to do anything to protect her.

On May 27, as a result of the negligent and intentional acts of the defendant, Stout’s house and personal property located in the home were destroyed by fire, smoke and water damage, according to the suit.

Stout claims the defendant was negligent in regard to installation and maintenance of its system located at her residence and was grossly negligent in regard to the installation and maintenance of the system.

The defendant willfully and intentionally installed the system in a manner to cause harm to the plaintiff and caused Stout annoyance and inconvenience, according to the suit.

Stout is seeking compensatory and punitive damages. She is being represented by Thomas W. Kupec of Kupec & Associates.

DISH is represented by Edward P. Tiffey of Tiffey Law Practice.

U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia case number: 1:17-cv-00162

Want to get notified whenever we write about any of these organizations ?

Sign-up Next time we write about any of these organizations, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

DISH DISH Network U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia Clarksburg Division

More News

The Record Network