Wednesday, May 25
10 a.m. - Admissions Ceremony
Rule 20 argument
1. Sheila F. Haynes, Administratrix v. Daimler Chrysler Corp., et al., No. 101151 - Plaintiff appeals from the circuit court's order denying plaintiff's motion to sever claims against Chrysler and plaintiff's motion to compel Autoliv to pay settlement. Plaintiff seeks a reversal of the circuit court's denial of her motion to compel payment of settlement proceeds and an award of costs and expenses incurred in prosecuting this appeal, including reasonable attorney's fees. - J. McHugh disqualified.
2. SER Mylan, Inc., et al. v. Hon. Paul Zakaib, Jr., Judge, No. 11-0392 - The Court will hear arguments in this original jurisdiction prohibition proceeding.
SER Mylan Technologies, Inc., et al., v. Hon. Jennifer Bailey, Judge, No. 11-0440 - The Court will hear arguments in this original jurisdiction prohibition proceeding.
Rule 19 argument
3. Jefferson Utilities, Inc., v. Public Service Commission of WV, et al., No. 11-0505
4. In Re: Woodie Kevin Dean, No. 11-0660
5. Lawyer Disciplinary Board v. John A. Grafton, No. 35283 - Petitioner argues Respondent has: 1) failed to adequately communicate with this client; 2) failed to file an appeal of a circuit court order; 3) failed to comply with circuit court order regarding scheduling and discovery; 4) failed to respond to a subpoena; and 5) a pattern of failing to respond to his client and the Office of Disciplinary Counsel.
6. In Re: Kristin Y., Arther Y., Scharlotte Y. and William Y., No. 11-0300 - DHHR appeals the circuit court's order granting Respondent Mother alternate disposition under West Virginia Code §49-6-5(a)(5), rather than terminating Respondent Mother's parental rights.
7. SER Parsons v. Hon. Thornsbury, Judge, No. 11-0693 - Submitted on briefs only without oral argument.