CHARLESTON -— The law firm Spilman Thomas & Battle has announced that several of its attorneys were named "Lawyers of the Year" by Best Lawyers.
Only a single attorney is recognized as such for each practice area in each community.
"Lawyers of the Year" are chosen based on particularly high ratings received during the yearly Best Lawyers peer-review surveys. These surveys are completed by and about attorneys practicing in the same areas of law and/or geographical region. This year's honors are based on more than 3.9 million evaluations. More information on can be found at www.bestlawyers.com.
The following Spilman attorneys were named Best Lawyers' 2012 Lawyers of the Year in their specified region and practice area:
* M. Ann Bradley – Charleston Environmental Law Lawyer of the Year
* Samuel M. Brock III – Charleston Litigation - ERISA Lawyer of the Year
* Lee O. Hill – Charleston Public Finance Law Lawyer of the Year
* Arch W. Riley, Jr. – Morgantown Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law Lawyer of the Year
* Edward W. Rugeley III – Charleston Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants Lawyer of the Year
* Dale W. Steager – Charleston Tax Law Lawyer of the Year
Spilman Thomas & Battle is a full-service law firm with more than 140 attorneys. Founded in 1864, Spilman has offices in Charleston, Morgantown and Wheeling, W.Va.; Harrisburg and Pittsburgh, Pa.; Winston-Salem, N.C.; and Roanoke, Va. For more information, visit www.spilmanlaw.com.